Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slide out tray - help needed.

V

vwales

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach Tourer 150
Hi all,

managed to get this slide tray from https://www.california-camping.de/e...rnia-Beach-Multivan-mit-Dreierbank-p302907921

so far so good, fits nicely and managed to lock it in place using the bolts supplied - but cannot for the life of me get the multiflex bolt to go through and lock also.

I saw on the instructions (sent in German - of which my understanding is unfortunately limited) images that suggest dismantling the multiflex spring mechanism - but before I go down this route (something I am more than likely to spend a couple of hours failing at) I wanted to ask you good people if anyone has any experience fitting the tray themselves - and any tips / advice?

Will be following with interest as I’m about to embark on the same installation..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Been there and done that, same dilemma.
Yes it was quite intimidating, but having done it was easy.
The problem is that the added thickness of the slide out frame under the multiflex doesn’t allow the bolts to lock down.
Use a sharp knife blade to remove the plastic centre caps of the multiflex bolts, this reveals a circlip holding it together, I bought a pair of circlip pliers at screwfix to take off and refit the circlip, you might be able to do it without but you run the risk that it might ping off and get lost. Having removed the circlip you should be able to turn the multiflex bolts to secure the MFB and then refit the circlip and plastic cap.
I hope I remembered the process fully, I did mine years ago, it sounds more complex than it is, just try not to loose the circlip.
Good luck.

Been there and done that, same dilemma.
Yes it was quite intimidating, but having done it was easy.
The problem is that the added thickness of the slide out frame under the multiflex doesn’t allow the bolts to lock down.
Use a sharp knife blade to remove the plastic centre caps of the multiflex bolts, this reveals a circlip holding it together, I bought a pair of circlip pliers at screwfix to take off and refit the circlip, you might be able to do it without but you run the risk that it might ping off and get lost. Having removed the circlip you should be able to turn the multiflex bolts to secure the MFB and then refit the circlip and plastic cap.
I hope I remembered the process fully, I did mine years ago, it sounds more complex than it is, just try not to loose the circlip.
Good luck.
Thanks for this, super helpful - will give it a try next week and report back.

Back