Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Wadhurst, East Sussex

PhilipGG

PhilipGG

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi guys, great forum it has kept me occupied while waiting for our Cali to arrive. Its due in May can't wait. Cheers. Phil

Perfect - just in time for the summer! You will love it, best vehicle we have owned by miles.

Ditto above. You will find excuses to drive it. And the possibilities are endless !

Welcome Phil, you won't be disappointed with your purchase!

:thumb

Colin

Welcome Phil
May will soon come, then let the fun begin!
My wife drives though Wadhurst in our van to go to work a few days each week.
Wave like a nutter if you see her, and I'll tell her to look out for you!

Welcome Phil, from West Sussex,

You must be scratching at the walls now waiting for your Cali :happy

Welcome Phil
May will soon come, then let the fun begin!
My wife drives though Wadhurst in our van to go to work a few days each week.
Wave like a nutter if you see her, and I'll tell her to look out for you!
Yes. I see her all the time between Mark Cross and Wadhurst. Have you got black and white zig zag seat covers? I will flash and wave like a nutter from my black Range Rover for the moment and the from my grey Cali from end of May onwards.

Welcome Phil, from West Sussex,

You must be scratching at the walls now waiting for your Cali :happy
I have been entertaining myself by buying random camper van accessories. My desk at work is surrounded by them. My electrical hook up lead is coming in well handy for a Cali I don't even own yet. Come to think of it so is the thermal windscreen cover!

I have been entertaining myself by buying random camper van accessories. My desk at work is surrounded by them. My electrical hook up lead is coming in well handy for a Cali I don't even own yet. Come to think of it so is the thermal windscreen cover!

As long as you appreciate that the moment you collect your new cali so you will find that most of the accessories so far accumulated are not what you really want, that what you really want is what others have accumulated but don't want and your first 10,000 miles in a cali is delivering unwanted items and collecting exchange items.

We did it the other way around! Bought the Cali, then thinking about the accessories! So what do we need? Got the extension already, bike rack is on the list too....

As long as you appreciate that the moment you collect your new cali so you will find that most of the accessories so far accumulated are not what you really want, that what you really want is what others have accumulated but don't want and your first 10,000 miles in a cali is delivering unwanted items and collecting exchange items.
Ha ha. Hopefully I have not bought too much crap we don't need. We hired a Cali for a long weekend last summer to make sure it worked for our family of four before we took the plunge an ordered a new one.

We are off to France for five weeks this summer for an adventure so the accessories I have bought so far are:

Hook up lead (I need to look into euro adapters?)

Comforts leisure thermal windscreen cover.

Some brand up pockets - back of both front seats and over small window above fridge.

Porta potti for emergencies (we will likely be potty training our to be 3 year old son during our trip - that will be interesting!)

Vango kela 2015 airbeam awning. I preferred this over the discounted 2014 models as there is the addition of the zip door to exit the porch part without going through the tent part as you have to on the 2014 version which our hire Cali had.

Euro driving kit hi vis breathalysers etc as required in France.

Randomly some Thule easi fit snow chains, not for this summer hopefully! But for next ski season managed to exchange an unused set I bought for our Range Rover for our holiday a few weeks ago for the same that will fit our Cali for future trips.

That's it so far. But no doubt we will need more clutter!

Cheers

Phil

Last edited: