Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Hampshire!

TheRobertsons

TheRobertsons

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello. Just to introduce ourselves - Jane & Keith. We haven't purchased our Cali yet as we're undecided about whether to go for a second-hand T6 or order a new T6.1 Beach. These forums are a fantastic source of insight and helpful information and we're looking forward very much to being a part of the California community!
Edit: we picked up our van today!

6D2C3475-E551-4D06-933B-17993EF81102.jpeg

D8428DE0-75CD-4DE6-A372-1E32FFC2AC42.jpeg

172FA5D5-862F-4293-9507-51943EEC7640.jpeg

9B0BB301-D797-4EF2-9D35-D8CDD70FE5E3.jpeg

87997EDD-03AF-4F01-B143-B719FDB01E4D.jpeg

BA4D747D-37F3-42FF-A7E7-98C9FAEEDD3E.jpeg

620993D1-2D68-421D-83EB-0425BDAE776F.jpeg

BB4EE0B0-51A5-4634-84B1-0999B2D85FC1.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello. Just to introduce ourselves - Jane & Keith. We haven't purchased our Cali yet as we're undecided about whether to go for a second-hand T6 or order a new T6.1 Beach. These forums are a fantastic source of insight and helpful information and we're looking forward very much to being a part of the California community!
Hi and welcome to the California forum. Waiting on an Ocean myself, but the Beach is becoming very popular choice. In the present climate the prices of secondhand vehicles have gone through the roof. We all like something new and shiny, but as always comes down to budget

Hi and welcome to the California forum. Waiting on an Ocean myself, but the Beach is becoming very popular choice. In the present climate the prices of secondhand vehicles have gone through the roof. We all like something new and shiny, but as always comes down to budget
Thank you! We've decided to go for a 3 year old Beach. We like the flexibility of not having the built-in cupboards. The one we're going for has three seat bench and two swivel seats which will come in handy as we're occasionally called upon as family taxi service! We'll get a VanGear pod or similar & an electric cool box. Very excited; will post pics and full spec. when we have it. Good luck with your Ocean! :)

Thank you! We've decided to go for a 3 year old Beach. We like the flexibility of not having the built-in cupboards. The one we're going for has three seat bench and two swivel seats which will come in handy as we're occasionally called upon as family taxi service! We'll get a VanGear pod or similar & an electric cool box. Very excited; will post pics and full spec. when we have it. Good luck with your Ocean! :)
Good choice! Can recommend the Vangear pods, sliding boot tray, Dometic CF35 fridge & a couple of solar panels (…as will give more more flexibility as not restricted to just pitches with EHU).

Good choice! Can recommend the Vangear pods, sliding boot tray, Dometic CF35 fridge & a couple of solar panels (…as will give more more flexibility as not restricted to just pitches with EHU).
Thanks - I'm excited about accessory shopping :D

Welcome (to the Beachside of the Cali debate)

Before spending big £££ on pods can I suggest living with/ using the van for a while before buying. Only you will know what works for you. Many find they don't use a small sink etc.

Another fridge/freezer to consider is the cdf11. Small enough to sit between the front seats, has 2 handy cupholders etc. Volume wise it's smaller but adequate for short trips and great for freezing blocks to use in a bigger electric coolbox on extended trips.

See you on the roads of Hampshire soon.

Welcome Robertson family California World!
Is super machine and I wishing you many happy moments and exciting travels when is he arrive.

Welcome!
Where in Hampshire are you based? There are a few of us in or near Basingstoke.

Welcome (to the Beachside of the Cali debate)

Before spending big £££ on pods can I suggest living with/ using the van for a while before buying. Only you will know what works for you. Many find they don't use a small sink etc.

Another fridge/freezer to consider is the cdf11. Small enough to sit between the front seats, has 2 handy cupholders etc. Volume wise it's smaller but adequate for short trips and great for freezing blocks to use in a bigger electric coolbox on extended trips.

See you on the roads of Hampshire soon.
Thank you - great tips!

Hi Robertson
We have had out 2nd hand T6 Ocean for almost two years. Rented several times before that. Despite the challenges recently, we have loved it. So will you I think.
We are not far from you 7 miles N of P’town.