Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heating system

Fozzy

Fozzy

Vehicle
T5 Beach
how do I get maximum heat out of my Cali beach using the remote control?
What do i have To preset beforehand ?
Cheers fozzy

Apparently you press the on button twice, but that's for an SE, so not sure about the beach.

The remote control will switch the heating on and off at the temperature last set via the console so if you switch the heating on manually at max temperature that will be the temperature activated by remote.

As for me can't see when ever i'm gonna use that remote, at home the Cali sits in the garage and on site i sit in the Cali so whats the use of a remote controlled heater?
Even if the Cali was outside on the driveway and frozen or snowed , still go outside to scrape ice off it.
Useless item ...as for me
A toy for big boys!

Very useful in this weather. De-icers the vehicle in about 10 minutes and it's warm to drive away.
De-icing my wife's MX5 is enough. But that's what she wanted.

Nice to switch on the heating from inside the house so the ice and snow just falls of and it's all toasty warm to drive off in,:D

As for me can't see when ever i'm gonna use that remote, at home the Cali sits in the garage and on site i sit in the Cali so whats the use of a remote controlled heater?
Even if the Cali was outside on the driveway and frozen or snowed , still go outside to scrape ice off it.
Useless item ...as for me
A toy for big boys!

Can you send me yours? I've lost mine in the van somewhere .....:(

Ours just sits on our spare keys:

1 - it is massive so no fun to carry around in your pocket
2- I tried de-icing the van using the heater the other day (not with the remote) - left it on for 15 mins and it did an excellent job of deicing the rear of the van, but the windscreen was still iced up - although the van was nice and warm when I got in :)
3 - If I am in the van I can reach the control unit from bed

I never found the air heater much good for de-icing the windscreen either. That's why I fitted the remote for the coolant heater. That really does clear the windscreen in 10-15mins. I usually give it a press as I'm getting the kids their breakfast and it's then all clear for the school run. I need every second I can get in the morning chaos and scraping the windscreen would certainly get the kids a late mark or two! :Nailbiting

how do I get maximum heat out of my Cali beach using the remote control?
What do i have To preset beforehand ?
Cheers fozzy
I'm not sure either but interested to find out how to change it if possible. Using the remote ours comes on at level 4 for 30 mins regardless of the last heat setting used manually.