Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Central Control Panel

VW Cali

VW Cali

Guest User
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Tried out today for first time. Number of questions/issues:

1. Looks nothing like the Fig 163 in manual. Seems like Fugure is exclusively for Ocean rather than Beach.

2. I got the Auxiliary Heater working, both level and amount of time. But could not figure out how to set it to programmed mode for later start. I do have the remote heating fob, which I haven't tried yet.

3. The display says 17.09.04. Date? Pressing Mode button seems to only invoke Auxiliary Heater and nothing else. When auxiliary heater was on it did start showing a heating symbol.

Had hoped display could be set to display things like temperature, battery remaining and so on. No luck yet. Can't even set time and date.

Opinions/advice/expertise sought. Van is 66 Reg Cali with the Auxiliary Heater with Remote fob.

Tried out today for first time. Number of questions/issues:

1. Looks nothing like the Fig 163 in manual. Seems like Fugure is exclusively for Ocean rather than Beach.

2. I got the Auxiliary Heater working, both level and amount of time. But could not figure out how to set it to programmed mode for later start. I do have the remote heating fob, which I haven't tried yet.

3. The display says 17.09.04. Date? Pressing Mode button seems to only invoke Auxiliary Heater and nothing else. When auxiliary heater was on it did start showing a heating symbol.

Had hoped display could be set to display things like temperature, battery remaining and so on. No luck yet. Can't even set time and date.

Opinions/advice/expertise sought. Van is 66 Reg Cali with the Auxiliary Heater with Remote fob.

Actually got into it by mistake now. Managed to change date. Can see that it toggled through various options.

Now with date changed, trying to see how I brought up various options...

Actually got into it by mistake now. Managed to change date. Can see that it toggled through various options.

Now with date changed, trying to see how I brought up various options...

Have a look at this video. It might help.

Brilliant.

Many thanks. Will look at it.

Figured out most of heating and date controls by now. Mode seems to toggle between (Date, Childlock, Remote) only.

Ha. I didn't even know the Beach had a control panel (thought it was only for the Ocean).

Ha. I didn't even know the Beach had a control panel (thought it was only for the Ocean).

If you have an air heater then you get a central control unit that is totally different to the SE / Oean CCU.
No temp or battery percentage is shown

If you have an air heater then you get a central control unit that is totally different to the SE / Oean CCU.
No temp or battery percentage is shown
Thanks Snowy. I have specc'd Parking Heater on my Beach, I guess it will all become clear when it eventually arrives (or maybe it won't!)

Is this the T6 beach control panel?

Yep! If you can see it...

:(

The instruction manual unfortunately is for the mighty Ocean. The measly Beach is like Swansea's fish and chops shops to the Ocean's London "The Ivy".

Yep! If you can see it...

:(

The instruction manual unfortunately is for the mighty Ocean. The measly Beach is like Swansea's fish and chops shops to the Ocean's London "The Ivy".

Did you actually take a look at the movie...!
2nd attemp : is this the beach control panel?

Did you actually take a look at the movie...!
2nd attemp : is this the beach control panel?

1. I did watch the movie.

2. It was the Control Panel on my Beach.

But begs the question of whether it can be called a Control Panel because it not described as such in VW Cali instruction manual. Presumably for this reason you don't consider it as such.

However, functionally, it does operate a few controls and settings. So could be labelled as such. Maybe. But I am very wary of the easily offended folks on the forum.

So I shall call it VW CALI'S CONTROL PANEL. Where VW CALI is my Cali as per my user name, and not generic description!

@VW Cali
Seems either you or me did get mixed up.

You have a problem on your beach control panel
Somebody posted a vid
You answer : brilliant... etc...
My Q : quote the video poster , is this a beach panel ( witch obvious it is not)
You getting agitated.

@VW Cali
Seems either you or me did get mixed up.

You have a problem on your beach control panel
Somebody posted a vid
You answer : brilliant... etc...
My Q : quote the video poster , is this a beach panel ( witch obvious it is not)
You getting agitated.

Dude, I am not agitated. Ever.

You got your knicks in a twist. Guy posted a video after I had already figured out how to operate the control on our Beach. So when he took the trouble to post it, I thanked him. Later when I watched it I realised it was for Ocean rather than Beach.

I didn't realise your question was about the Ocran video when I had already posted a pic of control panel on my Beach.

You then asked a question that didn't make sense to me as I didn't realise you were fixated on the Ocean video.

Chill, and don't worry about it.

Hi Dudes,

I cannot find the post for how to reset the control panel when it's acting funky. Can someone remind me how to do it??

Thanks

Hi Dudes,

I cannot find the post for how to reset the control panel when it's acting funky. Can someone remind me how to do it??

Thanks

Dude,

Look up the instruction manual! Then when instruction manual shows a different unit, post a question for other dudes to respond to.

Be good dude.

Rgds,

Dude.

Are we all aware in witch section of the forum we are in?
There seems to be a lot of off topic things here;)

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. For those that find this post and would like to see the answer:

- The Supplementary Guide for the 2011 and for 2014 say to hold the 'back'/'return' button for 5 seconds to clear the faults.
- This post (and many others) describes the simple procedure to get into the Diagnostics, and to reset the codes from within the control panel's navigation:
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/control-panel-problem-in-norway.14801/#post-158640

[oops, I didn't subscribe to replies, and my iphone didn't update and i posted the same answer...anyway, sorry for the duplicate]

Hi does anyone know what the van symbol flashing in top right hand of screen means ? Never seen it before it clears when reset but has come back again.

Back