Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Had my T5 california two tone wrapped

Love it! Looks fab. We have some lovely seat covers that would go so well with that

Cool, I will check them out. We are in need for seat covers for sure! We rent our camper during the busy months and it really wears the fabric. Thanks!

We’re counting down to our candy white van arriving. I have an idea in my head I’ve sketched out here… wrap the bottom half (3M Canyon Copper as an example), and then some white decals on the rear portion of the windows. For those with experience in this area… could/would you put decals on *over* a wrap too? And would you get the same place to do the whole job? (Also looking for recommendations - we’re on the West/East Sussex border)
52d672f994620c7dc53e37eacbbe592a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re counting down to our candy white van arriving. I have an idea in my head I’ve sketched out here… wrap the bottom half (3M Canyon Copper as an example), and then some white decals on the rear portion of the windows. For those with experience in this area… could/would you put decals on *over* a wrap too? And would you get the same place to do the whole job? (Also looking for recommendations - we’re on the West/East Sussex border)

Hi,
We have had the same thoughts and the decal company did not recommend adding decals on wrap unless done by a professional using a method called something like wet attachment. Also, wrap and decals needs to be compatible. Even if it’s done, it’s not possible to remove the decal without removing the wrap which can be a problem if you change your mind or want to sell the van. We were in contact with Beatnik decals, they gave us really good support on this. We finally ordered a set of decals without placing any one the wrap. BR Linus

Hi,
We have had the same thoughts and the decal company did not recommend adding decals on wrap unless done by a professional using a method called something like wet attachment. Also, wrap and decals needs to be compatible. Even if it’s done, it’s not possible to remove the decal without removing the wrap which can be a problem if you change your mind or want to sell the van. We were in contact with Beatnik decals, they gave us really good support on this. We finally ordered a set of decals without placing any one the wrap. BR Linus

Thanks, Linus, really useful to know. Think we’ll do the same then, keep the decals separate from the wrap.

That looks stunning VH! Do it.
If I were king I’d order all Californias to be coloured two tone, hang personal choice!

I thought they can print the image on wrap.
When I had my work Landy done they put my own design on it.
Just looked at my joker and it’s decs on top of 3M very similar design, old van was 5yrs old and no issues with peeling. So get the same company to do the whole job then there can be no blame shift if any probs.

Back