Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grey water tank indicator malfunction

AlpTourer12345

AlpTourer12345

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
When disinfecting the water system on my Ocean T6 (2019) and draining the water from the white tank to the gray water tank, I noticed that the water level indicator on the central panel did not rise. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? I assume the indicator for the grey water level works the same way as it does for the white water, so there must be something wrong with the floater. Does anyone know how to access the grey water tank and open it?

Thank you for any feedback.

When disinfecting the water system on my Ocean T6 (2019) and draining the water from the white tank to the gray water tank, I noticed that the water level indicator on the central panel did not rise. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? I assume the indicator for the grey water level works the same way as it does for the white water, so there must be something wrong with the floater. Does anyone know how to access the grey water tank and open it?

Thank you for any feedback.
The grey water tank will only tell you when it’s full (or empty) on the display.

Thanks for the quick reply. Even when it was full the indicator was showing as the tank is empty.

Are you sure it was full? If full, you’ll get a message to empty the tank. It will also overflow.

Entirely likely your clean water was not full and when emptying to your grey you have made an assumption it was goign to fill it but it did not. The grey gauge only has two states. Empty or full. As it's not a horrendous idea to give it another flush out anyway after cleaning just fill your main water, empty it into the grey again and then when it's empty, add more tap water from the sink until the reading on the panel shows full and as @Hawthorn37 says, tells your that you need to empty.

Entirely likely your clean water was not full and when emptying to your grey you have made an assumption it was goign to fill it but it did not. The grey gauge only has two states. Empty or full. As it's not a horrendous idea to give it another flush out anyway after cleaning just fill your main water, empty it into the grey again and then when it's empty, add more tap water from the sink until the reading on the panel shows full and as @Hawthorn37 says, tells your that you need to empty.
That makes sense. I assumed that the indicator is not working since the entire white water tank was emptied into the grey water tank after disinfection was done. Is it possible that the grey water tank has a higher capacity than the white water tank?
I have to flush the water system again, and I will check the water indicator at that time.
Thank you for the answers, that is definitely better as a malfunction.

That makes sense. I assumed that the indicator is not working since the entire white water tank was emptied into the grey water tank after disinfection was done. Is it possible that the grey water tank has a higher capacity than the white water tank?
I have to flush the water system again, and I will check the water indicator at that time.
Thank you for the answers, that is definitely better as a malfunction.
25L Fresh, 27L Grey

Can comfirm that the grey water sensor indicates full only. Looks like this ... has very little travel and sits in the top of the tank.

eea550e9ee09bcea5edae5edcff12a8b.jpg

What kind of value it has in ohm, full or empty?

Tnk.
Davide from Italy...

Basically it just says your waste is full Once full it will overflow out of the discharge pipe.

Thanks!

At the end I discover value (thrue a friend):

Empty: 0,43k ohm
Full: 6,17K ohm

Ciao
Davide

Back