Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Good Morning From Potential New Owners

Mark The Tarp

Mark The Tarp

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Good morning all, we've been lurking in the background for a few days.
We, being Helen and Mark.
We joined because we were looking to purchase a California, we have now put a deposit on one at the weekend, which we are very excited to pick up and start our adventures.
We have been VW fans for years and have owned various VW's at various stages of our lives, starting out with a VW T25 camper about 13-14 years ago.
To cut a long, probably not that interesting story short we have since then owned a T5, 3 t4's, a T5.1, a Golf mk2 GTi, 3 different motorhomes and have now come back to the VW fold.
I am currently lucky enough to have an Amarok as my company vehicle, and at the moment my partner runs a CC, we have a Ducato panel van Motorhome at the moment which we have just sold due to lack of use, our decision was then to get rid of my partners CC and use the California as her (not so) daily drive.
I hope we can contribute to the forum, but to be honest I'm more of a background person online as much I am in my daily life.
So there we are, those of you that haven't fallen asleep, Hello..

Good morning all, we've been lurking in the background for a few days.
We, being Helen and Mark.
We joined because we were looking to purchase a California, we have now put a deposit on one at the weekend, which we are very excited to pick up and start our adventures.
We have been VW fans for years and have owned various VW's at various stages of our lives, starting out with a VW T25 camper about 13-14 years ago.
To cut a long, probably not that interesting story short we have since then owned a T5, 3 t4's, a T5.1, a Golf mk2 GTi, 3 different motorhomes and have now come back to the VW fold.
I am currently lucky enough to have an Amarok as my company vehicle, and at the moment my partner runs a CC, we have a Ducato panel van Motorhome at the moment which we have just sold due to lack of use, our decision was then to get rid of my partners CC and use the California as her (not so) daily drive.
I hope we can contribute to the forum, but to be honest I'm more of a background person online as much I am in my daily life.
So there we are, those of you that haven't fallen asleep, Hello..
:welcome Please tell us about your new van. What ‘ya gettin’?

:welcome Looking forward to hearing more about ‘her’ when you get her.

Thanks for the welcomes. We have bought a beautiful white T6 California that Helen has already christened Polly.
Hopefully we will collecting her at the end of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Mark. Given your extensive campervan and MH experience we hope you'll feel inclined to chip in on a wide range of subjects, I'm sure you'd have a lot of good sense to offer. Congrats on your new Cali meanwhile.

Ha ha, your faith in my knowledge may be unfounded but I’ll try my best.
Many thanks.
Looking forward to picking Polly up and having many adventures.
I’m sure we took up far too much time of the lovely couple we bought it from on Saturday.

Hi folks. Say hello to the newest member of the family. May I present to you: Polly.

76BA9B40-46C4-43BB-AFC0-4DE8CF08A70C.jpeg

524C56A5-BA23-4A80-8804-661C39EA63CD.jpeg

5A0E7B93-9A7A-42C2-96CD-05DA58546054.jpeg

921DB4E6-80C4-4504-BCED-065BCBC7E9A2.jpeg

D565BA7D-4ED1-445E-8D56-BF5995C39BFE.jpeg

C205EBE1-5699-4C29-BA71-0BAEFF1DFC48.jpeg

793827E9-62C3-4B16-A6A7-B8B841BF7C69.jpeg

2FBBAF87-D1AA-4EB8-B7CB-E2493073332A.jpeg

EDB7C319-CB3E-430A-9641-A82867A43BC4.jpeg

5846F6BD-2706-4690-A386-215ADDAEC91B.jpeg

Think it was an option - our bus is 'new to us' but we loved the red interior giving a 'warm glow'.IMG_8206.jpeg

Ah yes of course! Little Red Riding Hood...

Sneeuwwitje en Roodkapje! Nice. Yes one big fairytale. There must be others out there...

Yes Mark - looks great - especially with the tint against the white - supercool

By the way Mark, your Cali is beautiful!

Thank you. We think so too. Hopefully we’ll feel the same way after spending two weeks away on her maiden voyage.

Sneeuwwitje en Roodkapje! Nice. Yes one big fairytale. There must be others out there...

Yes Mark - looks great - especially with the tint against the white - supercool

I think the photo makes the tint look darker. It’s the factory green tint. Have been looking on the forum ref limo style tint but reading up the rear windows being double glazed won’t look the same colour so I’m not 100% certain. I need to see one that’s been tinted in the flesh to aid my decision.
Tints are one of many mods or additions we are considering. Looks like the wallet will take a beating this year, and I know what will be on my Christmas list.

We're factory green too - think its pretty cool... yes the back windows are double glazed so may make a difference. Dark enough without going 'limo'!

I saw someone on ebay in Germany if I remember correctly selling the red Genuine vw canvas but only with the 2 side windows they were brand new If it had the 3 windows I would have bought one.