Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Germany trip

skinnywhippet said:
You're most welcome. We went away this weekend (Dorset - Farrs Meadow) but did take some of the very good Zeller Schwarze Katz with us that we brought back from Zell. Buying it was an experience as the old guy insisted we drank whole glasses of every one we tried, he wasn't having any of that wimpy French spitting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't suppose you can remember where you bought it can you? Was it in zell or one of the places I've seen on the same side of the river as the campsite?
in zell it looks like mostly wine bars where you can buy bottles to either drink there or take away. We were intending to buy a couple of cases before we leave here. Missus would prefer boxes rather than bottles as well but haven't seen any yet.

There seem to be a few places marked 'weingut' in the little village your side of the river, but most were closed when we went looking late afternoon - the place we got our cases from was open midday-7pm.

If you come out of the campsite and take the small road by the river towards the footbridge, past the campervan area, then under the footbridge and keep going past a hotel or two on your right (with the river on your left) you come to a children's play area. There's a gate on the right just before the play area with some wine bottles and a sign outside, and you go through there into a garden. Various ones to try and packed into cases. Seemed good and good value.

As a guide about 15 mins. walk from the campsite. He doesn't speak any English.

Hope that helps!

Got home late last night and have to say we had a fantastic time - thanks again to skinnywhippet for recommending camping park zell mosel we both loved it.
Had intended to go to the black forest and a couple of sites in the alps but a combination of poor looking weather forecasts elsewhere meant we ended up spending the entire hols in zell!
12 nights in one place is new for us but it really changed the whole holiday into a far more relaxing experience, none of the constant packing up, moving on and unpacking again which is fine but can eat into your precious holiday time.
It gave us so much more time to fully appreciate and explore our surroundings which were brilliant.
And a whole holiday without rain was also a first for us!

I really like Germany: very underrated IMO.

Enjoy!

Freeley said:
Looking quickly at the map last night made me realise how close the Italian lakes are to the sites we're aiming for in South Germany so might make our way down there as well. Will have to ask kev where he went
The drive across Switzerland is great. Make sure you get a Motorway Sticker (Vignette). Costs 40 Sfr. If you get stopped on the Motorway without one it will cost you a lot more plus you will sill have to buy one. Take the Gotthard Pass and sleep in the car park at the top where the Restaurants are. No Problems. Down to Chiasso and Italy is great for free camping.

I've been living in Bavaria for 16 years now,and what I still adore about the place is the mountain ranges of the Fellhorn and Nebelhorn( Obersdorf.) In the summer you can walk across the peaks into Austria(Kanselwann) and winter ski or walk around Obersdorf and walk up the Breitackklamm( a spectacular winter waterfall)
At the moment it is minus 9 outside
Fussen is also a lovely town next to the famous chitty chitty bang bang castle