Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

General pre-purchase jitters

C

Caliburt

VIP Member
Hi everyone, just about to sign on the line for a nearly new 2012 Cali. There are a few things that I have picked up that the dealer is fixing including new bellows?, some broken trim and a proper valet. The history on the vehicle is a bit vague (owned by VW and used at exhibitions) but seems to have had a hard first 6mths of life, cab does not smell showroom new, some stains on interior, drivers door card snagged etc. Most things should clean up or are being fixed but worries me if any underlying issues. The van itself seems fine, low mileage and immaculate.

My need for advice I guess, is any general thoughts on above, reassurance, things to check?

One specific question is around the manuals that should be included? This one has the general manual covering all vans including Cali, and then an A4 print out on the Cali. There is no wallet, details of warranty etc. What should be included?

Thanks everyone, looking forward to being an active member of the forum! :hello

Hi Jonathan welcome along :thumb
It sounds like you have given the van a good going over I wouldn't worry too much you still have plenty of warranty left just check everything works like fridge,heater,roof etc.point out everything you notice and you should have no problems. You should have a general manual
A Cali supplement,radio manual and service book all in the wallet and also 2 keys and a heater remote. Hope this helps. Good luck :thumb

Thanks Calikev,

Just to check one thing - is the heater remote part of the key fob or a seperate item?

jreid said:
Thanks Calikev,

Just to check one thing - is the heater remote part of the key fob or a separate item?

Its a seperate controller that is key shaped.

If you become a Club VIP we have a Handover Checklist for the VW California in the downloads section that will help.

John

I would not sign on the dotted line until i have seen your list of fixes FIXED, you will be in a better possition being a new owner I know how it feels waiting for your new Cali but things can slow down once you have paid your cash over, there is always more fish in the pond if this one falls through

Which dealer are you buying from ?
I bought my Cali from Citygate an ex demo which had been only used for trade exhibitions. Mine has slightly damaged trim in boot that I did not notice till I'd had it for some time. Someone had lifted parcel shelf up & forced it down without retracting right securing bolt first.

You should also have 2 water tank keys.

Good luck, go for it !