Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 Pre-Reg / Demo V5 Question

To clear this up.

Vehicles are registered in two different ways, depending on the registering dealership. Demo vehicles are required to be held for 90 days from registration, Rental vehicles are required to be held for 180 days.

Thank you for the clarification. This means that my California which I collect on Friday must be registered as a rental. The supplying dealer assures me that there will be no evidence of the vehicle being a demo or rental vehicle on the paperwork and that they will purely be shown as the previous owner once they can release the documents next year.

At the end of the day I have decided that with it being a new vehicle and being the right spec for me I should carry it through. It just feels a little odd/uncomfortable, but then that's one of the reasons why the dealer can achieve the sales price. I just don't want it to bite me later.

Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the clarification. This means that my California which I collect on Friday must be registered as a rental. The supplying dealer assures me that there will be no evidence of the vehicle being a demo or rental vehicle on the paperwork and that they will purely be shown as the previous owner once they can release the documents next year.

At the end of the day I have decided that with it being a new vehicle and being the right spec for me I should carry it through. It just feels a little odd/uncomfortable, but then that's one of the reasons why the dealer can achieve the sales price. I just don't want it to bite me later.

Fingers crossed.

No problem, The v5 will just have the van centres name as previous owner. I hope you enjoy your new California. I would recommend getting a bellows bungee from this site, it is £12 very well spent.

All the best

Stuart