Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC600 - Where do you store your Kitchen things?

dennfo

dennfo

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
We watched California Chris’ review of the storage options in the Grand California 600 - and realised that the kitchen storage is pretty much all taken up with the fridge. There’s only what looks like two very small drawers left in the kitchen.

GC600 owner, where do you store your pots and pans and crockery and non fridge foods? Do you just use the lockers over the bed?

Thanks in advance for sharing what you do :)

We do use the locker on the top for the pan, pot, glasses and plates.
We keep the two small storages (that are not that small) for the food (cans, salt, oil, vinager etc...).

We store all of our plates, cups and bowls in one of the deep drawers and our pans, cheese grater and ridge monkey in the lower drawer they hold a lot more than you think. We use the first upper locker nearest to the kitchen for food that does not need to go into the fridge. I was pleasantly surprised how much kitchen things you can store.

During our first trip we also figured out that we have to be "economic" with the way we store our kitchen things.

Not everything is sorted yet, but it looks like we can use the following:

Big drawer under the cooker
Of course for cuttlery and other smal staff. Big enough for us.

2x drawers on the right side
They are rather big. Pots and pans will fit in there well.

First overhead locker on the right
All our cups, plates etc. will fit in there.

Beside that we ordered some bags that we plan to fix to the walls for small things.

Happy California,
Eberhard

Our GC600 is ordered and we are waiting .
I am collecting all important information about it, in UK and D forums.
Positive and negative (challenges ;) )

for additional storage space some ideas here in #13
or
here

or
here
I am not sure if "non members" see the pictures

Good ideas. I wonder how they have fixed the additional storage to the floor? Maybe using the airline strip?

It must be easy to take out, because where the cabinet is there is the cabinet with the fuse box. Seeing all the issues with the GC it might be necessary to open the door rather frequently. :)

Happy California,
Eberhard

yes they use the airline strip.
The access to the fusebox is "free"
The fuse box is opposite on the other side. Next to this cabinet is the watertank, here for the lefthand drive .

Bart

and they also used the holes for metal vertikal guide rail.

The 2 boards and the guide rail were removed.

Thanks for all your reply’s - I think we’ve got a plan in mind now for when our GC arrived

We store all of our plates, cups and bowls in one of the deep drawers and our pans, cheese grater and ridge monkey in the lower drawer they hold a lot more than you think. We use the first upper locker nearest to the kitchen for food that does not need to go into the fridge. I was pleasantly surprised how much kitchen things you can store.
I think that’s going to be our plan

or
here
We’re busy waiting and collecting ideas as well Bart7974

Back