Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What do you store in your tailgate??

calicasas

calicasas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Is was interested to know what our fellow campers store in their tailgate aside from the chairs?
I manage to get another two stools in the gap.... What do you store in yours?

:thumb

image.jpg

Goldie said:
Topper, thermal screen cover & flyscreen.

I'm surprised a thermal screen cover fits in there. Not sure a Sliver Screen one will. Who's do you have?

Levelling ramps.
:idea:

How on earth can you fit a porta potti in the tailgate :?:

both the pushbikes

as the bike rack is used as a clothes drier

:crazy

dave and lisa

Umbrellas . Even the big golf ones slide nicely in there.
Electric cable as well .

compact Cali topper and silver insulated screen cover (both from Comfortz). The screen cover is a bit of a squeeze (and I think affects the weight of the door a bit as it doesn't rise fully without a nudge now) but both definitely fit in there. Whether I'll still be able to do this once i've used it is another question..I"m not sure my-repacking will be quite as efficient!

Same as Maui - and our backdoor stops halfway now and needs a nudge to fully open too. Have used the screen cover and with some careful re folding goes back in fine.

maui2512 said:
compact Cali topper and silver insulated screen cover (both from Comfortz). The screen cover is a bit of a squeeze (and I think affects the weight of the door a bit as it doesn't rise fully without a nudge now) but both definitely fit in there. Whether I'll still be able to do this once i've used it is another question..I"m not sure my-repacking will be quite as efficient!
I have read somewhere on the forum that the rear door does not open fully and you have to give it a final push to open fully, this is with only the seats in the door. Ours does this and I thought there was a fault. So if this is correct then with the topper and screen in place it will be the same or is it worse?

Pollychops said:
maui2512 said:
I have read somewhere on the forum that the rear door does not open fully and you have to give it a final push to open fully, this is with only the seats in the door. Ours does this and I thought there was a fault. So if this is correct then with the topper and screen in place it will be the same or is it worse?

I thought there was a problem with mine especially when the bike rack instructions mention fitting upgraded gas struts. I spoke to Paul at Citygate and he said the same as you have been told. It stops 3/4 of the way up to allow you to remove the seats. You then have to push it all the way up. Still seems a bit weak to me and I wonder what it will be like with a couple of bikes on the rack.

Andy

Back