Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC outside light

DonGraham

DonGraham

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
It's dark outside, had to nip out to the van parked on the drive on electric hook up and in camping mode.
Can anyone tell me if when the remote is pressed to unlock the van, should the outside light above the sliding door come on?
I know in camping mode the hazards no longer flash when lock / unlocking, but I would have thought the outside light should come on.
Perhaps it's an option ours hasn't got, but it would be very useful if it did.
Thanks
Don

It's dark outside, had to nip out to the van parked on the drive on electric hook up and in camping mode.
Can anyone tell me if when the remote is pressed to unlock the van, should the outside light above the sliding door come on?
I know in camping mode the hazards no longer flash when lock / unlocking, but I would have thought the outside light should come on.
Perhaps it's an option ours hasn't got, but it would be very useful if it did.
Thanks
Don
Yes you can select this from the control panel.
Welcome/goodbye it’s called.
Go into the lights setting and turn this on. Then the iawning light will come on when you lock/unlock the van.

This facility only works if you have automatic headlights as it relies on the sensor in the windscreen to know when it is night time / dark outside.

This facility only works if you have automatic headlights as it relies on the sensor in the windscreen to know when it is night time / dark outside.
This could be the issue!

Back