Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Intermittent door lock issue

jonr71

jonr71

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I have been seeing an issue with my T6.1 Ocean. This happend occasionally, when I have locked the van and held the lock button on the remote to retract the wing mirrors. When returning to the vehicle, I unlock it using the remote, but the doors (driver and passenger) won't open. I can hear a lock mechanism click when pressing unlock, but the door will not open from the outside.

The rear sliding door (electric) does open and the door will open from the inside.
Also, when the issue occurs, pressing the unlock button on the drivers door results in the same audible lock mechanism click, but the doors will still not open from the outside.
This does not happen all the time, probably 1 in 8 times the vehicle is locked in this way.

Any ideas?

Not happened to us so far. Does the boot stay locked as well? From your description it appears the Safe Lock system has been activated and is not disengaging when you press Open. I’d take a read of the Safe Lock section in the manual to see if there are any clues / conditions you can spot. As the Open signal from the key isn’t functioning only occasionally, maybe check the key battery is good?

Not happened to us so far. Does the boot stay locked as well? From your description it appears the Safe Lock system has been activated and is not disengaging when you press Open. I’d take a read of the Safe Lock section in the manual to see if there are any clues / conditions you can spot. As the Open signal from the key isn’t functioning only occasionally, maybe check the key battery is good?
The key is new and the conditions seem to be weather (hot) and when the wing mirrors have been folded. I'll take a look at the lock section again.