Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Funky waste water tank and some other queries...

S

Sian

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,

Since you were all so helpful fixing my battery issue I am throwing to you my next problems!

I assume it is the waste water tank under the kitchen sink and the white screw circle opens into it? I think my screw cover needs replacing as it doesn't screw tight but inside the tank is disgusting! How does everyone thoroughly clean theres? Also do I need to go to VW to get replacement parts, as at the moment if that tank was full I assume it would leak out of the hole?

When the sink empties (very very slowly) - there is a loud dripping noise which sounds like a leak - the (rubbish) habitation service people said it was fine. Is it normal to hear loud dripping as it empties into the tank?

Also (please see picture) I have found some moisture around near the what I presume is the water pipe. Again i have been told "everything is fine". Would you expect this level of moisture without a leak?

Last but not least my wardrobe door has broken in half with half stuck around the other side - can this be replaced - if so is this another vw job?

Thanks in advance.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPG

Hi,

Since you were all so helpful fixing my battery issue I am throwing to you my next problems!

I assume it is the waste water tank under the kitchen sink and the white screw circle opens into it? I think my screw cover needs replacing as it doesn't screw tight but inside the tank is disgusting! How does everyone thoroughly clean theres? Also do I need to go to VW to get replacement parts, as at the moment if that tank was full I assume it would leak out of the hole?

When the sink empties (very very slowly) - there is a loud dripping noise which sounds like a leak - the (rubbish) habitation service people said it was fine. Is it normal to hear loud dripping as it empties into the tank?

Also (please see picture) I have found some moisture around near the what I presume is the water pipe. Again i have been told "everything is fine". Would you expect this level of moisture without a leak?

Last but not least my wardrobe door has broken in half with half stuck around the other side - can this be replaced - if so is this another vw job?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 11943View attachment 11944View attachment 11945View attachment 11946
The screw cap should be airtight.
There is a modification to the sink drain system, fitted in later vehicles, to improve the sink drainage speed.https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/new-fast-drain-for-kitchen-sink-awesome.6175/
Waste tank is normally cleaned with Milton Solution . Use recommended dilution. Half fill tank. Drive around. Drain. Repeat until clean.
Forum shop sells replacement wardrobe doors.

http://www.partsbase.org/vw/campmob-typ2-transp-lt-camp-eu-2010-7h-a-200-001-06835-waste-water-tank/

If Milton doesn't do it, there are three other options you could try - you can buy waste tank cleaner from caravan shops, or try a biological wash tablet, or a bleach solution - as
WG says fills tank half full and drive around to slosh everything about. Hope that helps.

After your weekend away, warm up some water in the kettle. Pour a splash of washing up liquid down the plug hole followed by the hot water. Top up with cold to a reasonable level.
Drive home. Empty in the street before you park up (preferably outside neighbours house). Flush through.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 11943View attachment 11944View attachment 11945View attachment 11946
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

The newer wardrobe doors have reinforcing tape on the insides to stop them breaking so easily. As an added precaution I clip bits of rubber to the shelf edges to stop things sliding and hitting the doors on corners. Not sure how you extract the broken half of the old door from between the two skins of the wardrobe though.

Good luck, WolfPack

Thank you for your replies.

I will give the Milton ago - I still have yet to use the van as a camper yet and as I am tinkering about I keep finding new question marks! It is so disgusting though I may end up taking your advice on the waste tank cleaner.

Wolfpack - I think the garage may have broken the door when trying to find the second battery - I simply opened it and as I pulled it back to shut it only half the door came back, there was no resistance or noise so not sure how it happened.

So to confirm it is entirely normal to hear a loud dripping noise as the sink empties? And with the water by the pipe would you expect that if there was no leak (condensation collection etc?).

So to confirm it is entirely normal to hear a loud dripping noise as the sink empties? And with the water by the pipe would you expect that if there was no leak (condensation collection etc?).
1. I don't hear such a noise but it might be because the cap is not sealing properly.
2. I would not expect to see water in that position.

Do you have any warranty with this vehicle, if it is new to you?
If you do and the seller is not experienced in these type of vehicles then maybe insist they sort these problems using someone who is.

Hi Welshgas - no warranty unfortunately. I took the risk buying sold as seen from a private seller.
Is their any recommendations of where I could take it to be thoroughly checked out in the south east? I am a bit tired of paying for people to look at things and not have a clue on the California.

Back