Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Full size ID.Buzz

calibusje

calibusje

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Full size ID.Buzz and perhaps the basis for one of the california versions to come. Now almost 5 meters (instead of 4m75) and with larger sliding door(s). Length gain integral between both axes. Space for extra row of seats and configurations of 2/2/2 or 2/3/2. Larger battery available and an all-wheel drive is announced (faster version GTX). Improved and larger touch-sensitive screen with some things such as air conditioning permanently visible. Well, it was just a matter of waiting but now: although we love our T6.1 coast and intend to keep it for a long time, I'm curious about the new versions california so come on with that ID.Buzz California :cool:

BeFunky-collage.jpg

Last edited:
Full size ID.Buzz and perhaps the basis for one of the california versions to come. Now almost 5 meters (instead of 4m75) and with larger sliding door(s). Length gain integral between both axes. Space for extra row of seats and configurations of 2/2/2 or 2/3/2. Larger battery available and an all-wheel drive is announced (faster version GTX). Improved and larger touch-sensitive screen with some things such as air conditioning permanently visible. Well, it was just a matter of waiting but now: although we love our T6.1 coast, I'm curious about the new versions california so come on with that ID.Buzz California :cool:

View attachment 109268
Seat mock ups for upright position dosn’t match the folded design. (Upright is 6 seats, folded look a like 7) Unless you can spec different configuration.

The 3 seat set up in the middle looks to be heavy to lift out, for when you don’t need 7, but then you lose the flat bed!…so it’s a minibus!

The difference in floor level on rear seats will impact on any conversions.

Last edited:
Seat mock ups for upright position dosn’t match the folded design. (Upright is 6 seats, folded look a like 7) Unless you can spec different configuration.

The 3 seat set up in the middle looks to be heavy to lift out, for when you don’t need 7, but then you lose the flat bed!…so it’s a minibus!

The difference in floor level on rear seats will impact on any conversions.
Look at this ;)
343724040_1113636160039496_6796279433708643366_n.jpg
Obvious this is not the california version: it's a minibus with pictures of the seats folded down. This lwb could be the base for a california version (and will not be a 6 of 7 seater of course), that's what this post is about.
But where do you see or is it stated the floor level isn't flat?
Anyway: I'm curious to see how they turn it into a camper.

Last edited:
Look at this ;)
View attachment 109269
Obvious this is not the california version: it's a minibus with pictures of the seats folded down. This lwb could be the base for a california version (and will not be a 6 of 7 seater of course), that's what this post is about.
But where do you see or is it stated the floor level isn't flat?
Anyway: I'm curious to see how they turn it into a camper.
Check out the video I linked. You can see towards the end that the base on which the 3rd row is located is not level with the 2nd row. Unlike the Multivan T7 the rails do not extend the entire length of the leisure area. That 85kW and 110kW battery takes up more space in the chassis.

First, members thought it was too short; well, he's longer now; now the issue is the higher third row (which will not be there with a camper version)? There will be a camper from the ID.BuZz so they will be able to do it, don't you think so? I remain curious about it. By the way: the batteries, including the extra ones, are between the wheel axles and not behind them.
@Corradobrit: didn't think you would respond to something I've wrote... or even read it.

Last edited:
First, members thought it was too short; well, he's longer now; now the issue is the higher third row (which will not be there with a camper version)? There will be a camper from the ID.BuZz so they will be able to do it, don't you think so? I remain curious about it. By the way: the batteries, including the extra ones, are between the wheel axles and not behind them.
@Corradobrit: didn't think you would respond to something I've wrote... or even read to it.
Maybe its raised to accommodate the AWD variant. Clearly there is a reason for the higher chassis bed towards the rear.

Maybe its raised to accommodate the AWD variant. Clearly there is a reason for the higher chassis bed towards the rear.
This could be, although the awd variant is yet to come, the lwb could be prepared for it.

@Corradobrit: didn't think you would respond to something I've wrote... or even read to it.
Ocean style camper should be easy as they can just adjust cabinets to suit. Can’t see how they can make a decent Beach style design without having full length floor rails to match the current versatility . Below is photo of EV Ford Tourneo with flat floor / full length rails. This allows to configure the seats as you wish, put in a kitchen pod etc..

So be interested to see what VW come up with next. Should be possible as assume that the Buzz Cargo has a flat load area.

IMG_3585.png

Ocean style camper should be easy as they can just adjust cabinets to suit. Can’t see how they can make a decent Beach style design without having full length floor rails to match the current versatility . Below is photo of EV Ford Tourneo with flat floor / full length rails. This allows to configure the seats as you wish, put in a kitchen pod etc..

So be interested to see what VW come up with next. Should be possible as assume that the Buzz Cargo has a flat load area.

View attachment 109278

I think Ford are coming on strides.
It’s great to see some competition in the market.

View attachment 109278
Yes, I am very interested to see what VW will do with the 'ID.Buzz cali' but certainly the new 'VW transporter version of the transit cali' and the 'T7 multivan cali'.

Ha, just looked at a Tourneo review and the comments are all moaning it's a Caddy...

I'm looking for a smaller van for bikes and dogs and it's fairly difficult.

Shame the illuminated grill/badge won’t be available in the UK - like that! In fact I like the whole thing, looks much more useful than the swb and more likely to work as a campervan. Payload is still going to be an issue and range, but it was Mrs KB who reminded me on Friday on her way home in the Born why it isn’t going to be a practical solution for us any time soon. She rang having been waiting at Exeter services for a charger for over an hour, not in a queue as such more a free for all because even the design of the charging area is poorly thought out with multiple ways in and out. Last straw was a d*** in a Porsche who ignored all the others waiting, and the protestations of Mrs KB and others, and blocked the road to get the next available charger.
So, a 4 hour journey took 6 despite only needing a single charge en route. Mrs KB’s blood pressure took a battering. And it was all my fault.
Which is why we have a new 6.1 on order to tide us over until technology and infrastructure get where they need to be to make alternatives viable. With the Born (brilliant for the local stuff) I reckon that’s the best combo for us for a while yet.

Shame the illuminated grill/badge won’t be available in the UK - like that! In fact I like the whole thing, looks much more useful than the swb and more likely to work as a campervan. Payload is still going to be an issue and range, but it was Mrs KB who reminded me on Friday on her way home in the Born why it isn’t going to be a practical solution for us any time soon. She rang having been waiting at Exeter services for a charger for over an hour, not in a queue as such more a free for all because even the design of the charging area is poorly thought out with multiple ways in and out. Last straw was a d*** in a Porsche who ignored all the others waiting, and the protestations of Mrs KB and others, and blocked the road to get the next available charger.
So, a 4 hour journey took 6 despite only needing a single charge en route. Mrs KB’s blood pressure took a battering. And it was all my fault.
Which is why we have a new 6.1 on order to tide us over until technology and infrastructure get where they need to be to make alternatives viable. With the Born (brilliant for the local stuff) I reckon that’s the best combo for us for a while yet.
True, I think about the same: lwb could be it for a camper version and I am interested in all what will come but I guess our one year old T6.1 coast will stay for many more years.

LWB ID Buzz, almost 5m…
The SWB is wide and long enough. Once you go bigger, you may as well move into a MWB Crafter.
I would rather see the SWB with better range and flexibility.
Plus, how much is this extra length and capacity going to cost? The current ID is expensive enough.

LWB ID Buzz, almost 5m…
The SWB is wide and long enough. Once you go bigger, you may as well move into a MWB Crafter.
I would rather see the SWB with better range and flexibility.
Plus, how much is this extra length and capacity going to cost? The current ID is expensive enough.
Also true. It will be very expensive; The new ford transporter camper version or even the T7 camper version will most likely be ‘more affordable’.

Looking forward to seeing how all of this pans out. Feels like they'll be trying to palm us off with a Transit first, long before any Buzz Cali is ready ...

no rush to change my early T6 Beach ('65 plate) just yet, but have the itch & toying with swapping to a nice pre-registered 6.1 Coast I've seen locally to keep me going the next several years til we know what's what.

no rush to change my early T6 Beach ('65 plate) just yet, but have the itch & toying with swapping to a nice pre-registered 6.1 Coast I've seen locally to keep me going the next several years til we know what's what.
Itches are there to be scratched ;)

I saw the LWB Buzz at the recent VW Busfest event. Clever how the size has been camouflaged by increasing the length of the sliding door. The how VW handle the height of the floorpan is going to be most interesting to me. There's not a lot of headroom. Quasimodo will probably be OK. The limitations on the interior width and length could probably be worked around with some cunning design elements. Should be interesting purely as a spectator.

Looking forward to seeing how all of this pans out. Feels like they'll be trying to palm us off with a Transit first, long before any Buzz Cali is ready ...

Transit might be a far better product, as opposed to a palm off.

Awful thing. I really would not buy one of these. When they stop making diesel calis. I will stop buying them and go elsewhere. Ridiculous stupid thing will never be a real campervan

Awful thing. I really would not buy one of these. When they stop making diesel calis. I will stop buying them and go elsewhere. Ridiculous stupid thing will never be a real campervan
It’s highly likely there will still be a diesel Cali with 136/170ps auto when the Ford based one arrives.

Back