Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

French TV

1314MW

VIP Member
Hi all,
What sort of TV aerial do any of you have. Looking to pick up TV in France/French
TV, not bothered about trying to receive English. Have a French hand me down
TV from my parents.

I have a normal digital tv at my house in france, the tv was purchased in uk and used in the uk before house purchase in france, only had to change the mains plug. The tv aerial we have looks very similar to the ones we have in uk. Analogue signal has been switched off as it has in the uk

John

Cheers John,

Assumed I'd be OK with a normal aerial. Looking on a new TV box it states Pal and secam
so, working on the principal if I take a new TV and configure it to France there's a good
chance it'll work.

Second what John has said. We kept the old analogue aerial and bought a 20Euro box as our telly isn't digital. Hardly watch it though as its rubbish IMO. Catch the news and weather and that's about it.

Like wise, only interested in the weather. There TV is bad, but not as bad as Italian or
Spanish :crazy

briwy said:
Second what John has said. We kept the old analogue aerial and bought a 20Euro box as our telly isn't digital. Hardly watch it though as its rubbish IMO. Catch the news and weather and that's about it.

Weather ok but never on time as stated on epg guide, never mind. weather hot here today again already up to 22'c

John

Trotters said:
talking of French TV does anyone remember Tutti Frutti or was that Italian?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2pOu-HXJt4

:lol:

Well I don't know if it was italian or french but it's in german !

For me the idea of having a TV in a Cali is rather odd... I view the Cali as a nice machine to finally escape to the great outdoors, leave the day to day life to enjoy being in the wild with friends around a good bottle of wine. If it's to be stuck behind a TV, I might as well stay at home.

frigorifix said:
Trotters said:
talking of French TV does anyone remember Tutti Frutti or was that Italian?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2pOu-HXJt4

:lol:

Well I don't know if it was italian or french but it's in german !

For me the idea of having a TV in a Cali is rather odd... I view the Cali as a nice machine to finally escape to the great outdoors, leave the day to day life to enjoy being in the wild with friends around a good bottle of wine. If it's to be stuck behind a TV, I might as well stay at home.

Agree entirely

John :goodone