Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

French Tolls - Bip and Go or Fulli

fezzer

fezzer

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Couldn't find and recent info on Bip and Go or Fulli or other alternatives for French Tolls on the forum so hopefully someone can help me. Just picked up our new Cali and planning some trips to France, sometimes I will be solo so looking to get an automatic pay 'thingy' for the tolls. Bip and Go seems like a good offer as only pay when you use them but for whatever reason I can't seem to register on their site, keep getting an 'unsuccessful attempt' message despite trying several times. Thought I might try the Fulli option but just wanted to get peoples views. Also is the Cali classified as a class 1 or class 2 vehicle? I will have a bike rack but its a towbar mounted one so wont take the height over 2m. Any help appreciated.

used Emovis tag for years, works well. Always breathe in taking the 2m height restriction at 30kmh though :)

used Emovis tag for years, works well. Always breathe in taking the 2m height restriction at 30kmh though :)
Is the height restriction "hard"? Just wondering if you literally "scrape" through or not? We have solar on the roof and it looks very very close to the 2m! Do the toll gates with booths detect height automatically and accurately anyway?

I think there might be 50mm clearance on our Cali however if in doubt use one of the other booths/drive through slowly.
I can't remember what the height restriction is constructed of.....we wouldn't have travelled under a solid steel beam that's for sure :)
We always seem to get charged same as the car.

I never use the ones with height barrier as worried how close it will be! Travelled a fair few km's now on French motorway and always been classed as Cat 1 (car)

I think we'll just go to a booth then! My wife will be in the passenger seat so she find out how effective Duolingo has been first hand . . .

Another vote for Emovis tag, so much easier and not had an issue with a 2m barrier yet although some of the hanging slat types have been a bit uneven.

I think we'll just go to a booth then! My wife will be in the passenger seat so she find out how effective Duolingo has been first hand . . .
You may find that on some motorways there is no one in the booth and you can only pay with a tag, card or cash at a machine.

Thought about a tag, but got a Starling card with a Euro account; tap and go and virtually an instant notification (Apple phone) of the payment. Easy.

Always used Emovis Tag and had no problems passing through the 2m height restricted lane (with solar panel) and always billed as a car (Cat 1).

Thought about a tag, but got a Starling card with a Euro account; tap and go and virtually an instant notification (Apple phone) of the payment. Easy.
Not so easy though when there is only one of you and the tap and go is on the passenger side.

Not so easy though when there is only one of you and the tap and go is on the passenger side.
Needs a routine but easy in the Cali; come to a halt having wound the passenger window down, walk across to the passenger side and tap. No transmission tunnel to get in the way.

Just had an email from Bip&GO saying that the monthly charge when using the badge in France is rising from €1.70 to €1.90 effective from the 1st June. If anyone has a tag from Fulli:

*A €10 fee will be charged if the product is not used for 24 consecutive months.

This offer is for private individuals in class 1, 2 and 5 vehicles only

We used the Fulli toll badge on our trip from our hometown in Zeeland to the coast of Portugal this spring. Works very nice. Jump in the 30 kmph lane, drive up, wait for the beep and of you go!

We changed to Fulli from emovis, it was cheaper per month and covers more countries.

Is the height restriction "hard"? Just wondering if you literally "scrape" through or not? We have solar on the roof and it looks very very close to the 2m! Do the toll gates with booths detect height automatically and accurately anyway?
I have Solar and never had a problem. Use the Emovis tag.

The French toll booth probably trashed my credit card's NFC feature already twice. The second time was soon after getting a replacement card and I only ever used it on the tolls between Geneva and Chamonix, maybe on the second or third trip, so I'm pretty sure it was them.

Couldn't find and recent info on Bip and Go or Fulli or other alternatives for French Tolls on the forum so hopefully someone can help me. Just picked up our new Cali and planning some trips to France, sometimes I will be solo so looking to get an automatic pay 'thingy' for the tolls. Bip and Go seems like a good offer as only pay when you use them but for whatever reason I can't seem to register on their site, keep getting an 'unsuccessful attempt' message despite trying several times. Thought I might try the Fulli option but just wanted to get peoples views. Also is the Cali classified as a class 1 or class 2 vehicle? I will have a bike rack but its a towbar mounted one so wont take the height over 2m. Any help appreciated.
Hi. We use Bip n Go. Very happy with it. Cat1. We have a solar panel and still make it under 2m
Happy travelling.

We used to have Emovis but converted to Blip and Go as we are also now going to Spain and Italy and it works there too. Emovis does not. Both are great and never had any issues with the 2m restriction - Cali sails through!!

I just found: ulys.vinci-autoroutes.com but have yet to travel in Europe.
It seems cheaper.

Bip n Go works fine for us, and there's no annual fee provided you use it at least once a year.

Back