Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ford having a go at a Caravelle

Matt, I have had several requests for you to come to a meet ... When will it be?

Martin said:
Matt, I have had several requests for you to come to a meet ... When will it be?

Sadly they all seem to be oop North (i.e. anywhere in Britain that isn't Cornwall!) but one day we shall all meet. I promise.

Are the requests so other members can run me over in their DSG vans or is it to revel in my razor sharp wit and endless charm? I suspect the former....

Don't remember seeing Horsham up north :rofl :rofl :rofl I thought it was down near Cornwall. :barmy

Calikev said:
Don't remember seeing Horsham up north :rofl :rofl :rofl I thought it was down near Cornwall. :barmy

I grew up near Horsham. I had a strong Northern accent and favoured whippets over labradors.

Christmas meet is to be announced soon for Dec 1st, maybe we can head slightly West for this one, meet some of the West Country mob?

Blimey will I need my passport out again twice in a year :barmy :barmy

KernowLad said:
Martin said:

Sadly they all seem to be oop North (i.e. anywhere in Britain that isn't Cornwall!) but one day we shall all meet. I promise.

Are the requests so other members can run me over in their DSG vans or is it to revel in my razor sharp wit and endless charm? I suspect the former....

I expect they're dying to see your bum :laugh2

Martin said:
Christmas meet is to be announced soon for Dec 1st, maybe we can head slightly West for this one, meet some of the West Country mob?

By slightly west do you mean reading?

Freeley said:
Martin said:

:laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2

Freeley said:

How about we all meet half way in North Dorset, if we arrange it any further west it might just be you and Kernow sitting in a field together somwhere.

Freeley said:
KernowLad said:
Martin said:

BM? What BM? :lol:

Stu said:
Freeley said:

:shocked :rofl :laugh2
labios_sexy.gif

Hey who's been fiddling with my posts???
I didn't write bum......did i? :shocked

Least this thread lost its way and got off talking about ford transit's :) :)

choplee said:

I don't see what's wrong with talking about Ford Transit's, I'm no badge snob, let's face it where did VW start out??!

MickyBlue said:
choplee said:

I don't see what's wrong with talking about Ford Transit's, I'm no badge snob, let's face it where did VW start out??!

I'm no badge snob either fella and we all love to banter the opposition as im sure the fir transit camper club does us,but Vw transporter history goes back way before I was born and has a following no other bus/van has ever had or ever will .. It's not just a van its now an icon all over the world.

Maybe your next purchase a transit camper Micky ??.... :)

You're lucky - I know one VW forum where, if you type 'Transit' it types 'T**+!!' as if it is a swear word.

It would be wrong to name this forum but anyone who owns T25 may be aware of it :)

James

LOL! One of my motorbike forums converts "Harley" to "tractor".

Custard said:
You're lucky - I know one VW forum where, if you type 'Transit' it types 'T**+!!' as if it is a swear word.

It would be wrong to name this forum but anyone who owns T25 may be aware of it :)

James

My two experiences of driving a Transit are opposing. A couple of years ago my Dad had a late 80's converted diesel camper - which I drove back from Cornwall - there are only a few times in my life when I have felt death likely to happen, for example when my appendix burst at 11, or when at 24 I fell down a stiarwwell at a friends halls at uni (a bit worse for wear). As I drove or as I put it, wrestled with the Transit Camper I thought it would be one of those moments. The clutch was impossible, it would have brought tears to the eyes of Geoff Capes in his 80's heyday. It also ran out of diesel before the actual dial registered any kind of empty. Every mile back to Essex was squeaky bum time - it did 65 if you prayed to God and God answered.

My other experience was moving my partner down from Yorkshire last year, that was actually a really nice vehicle to drive.

James

I've had huge fun hooning around in a RWD Transit. Shame most/all are FWD now but still good vans.

I have this much time for badge snobs.

>>>> . <<<<

KernowLad said:
I've had huge fun hooning around in a RWD Transit. Shame most/all are FWD now but still good vans.

I have this much time for badge snobs.

>>>> . <<<<

What do you think of the auto Transits?

James

Just a random question as I don't know does the transit have DSG anyone ??

Back