Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

For all entertainment and enjoyment: an evolution…

calibusje

calibusje

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
The evolution of the ford transit:
IMG_2364.jpeg
It's a little joke of course, for all: those immediately in favor of the new transporter, those undoubtedly already anti and the doubters, each with their own arguments.
For now: I'm a doubter: I think Volkswagen will do everything it can to make the transporter look distinctive enough. The complete drivetrain and which 'types' of it and especially supplied by whom (I suspect Ford) remains to be seen. I can only hope that one day there will be a successor to the California as we know it (based on the new transporter?), because for me the Multivan California is more of a lifestyle camper. Nothing wrong with that for those who like that but for us - there are four of us - eventually this is most likely not a possible successor to our t6.1.
Currently, for me one thing is certain in that matter: our T6.1 coast is our perfect travel companion and is also well suited for daily use so that it does not actually need to be replaced ;)
Greetings
Calibusje

Last edited:
Last time I saw a line up like that was at Busfest…but of course that was wholly VW, from the original Splitty right through to a then brand new T6.
There is no comparison betwee Ford and VW in this field, which is I think your point.
When I get behind the wheel of my 6.1 Cali I couldn’t give a **** what the next variant looks like.
I can honestly say that I have finally found my dream van, with all it’s inherent foibles, and there is no way at my age that I am trading it in for a VW badged Ford just to keep up with the times.
Also, I am now skint anyway

Last time I saw a line up like that was at Busfest…but of course that was wholly VW, from the original Splitty right through to a then brand new T6.
There is no comparison betwee Ford and VW in this field, which is I think your point.
When I get behind the wheel of my 6.1 Cali I couldn’t give a **** what the next variant looks like.
I can honestly say that I have finally found my dream van, with all it’s inherent foibles, and there is no way at my age that I am trading it in for a VW badged Ford just to keep up with the times.
Also, I am now skint anyway
The only thing that will prise me out of my Cali Coast is the desire for a much larger Campervan eg Hymer Vision S or a Mercedes Sprinter based Hymer. Ford can keep their collaboration and as for the MV, least said the better.

Back