Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Folding table leg loose

M

McMeefia

Our folding table has developed a wobbly leg. Unfortunately it's attached to the table top with a rivot so looks a bit tricky to repair.
Just wondering if anyone has successfully managed a home repair or do we need a new table? Any ideas on how much a replacement table would be?

This is for sure a weak piece of design that I reckon could be addressed by providing a means of locking the table in position. (Sorry McMeefia - I'm not helping with your query and hope someone else can)

If under 3 years should be a warranty item.

Otherwise I've seen them reasonably well repaired with Gorilla Glue... stunning stuff.

I also managed to pick one up a spare at CamperJam for the grand total of £30... result :)

Rgds
Mark

OOOh … Gorilla Glue. Not heard of that before, but sounds like the job!!!
I'll look into that option as the table isn't a right-off just yet :)

Thanks for the top tip!
Cathy

I have used Locktite interior/exterior permanent self adhesive tape successfully to do the same repair this year.

Available from your local Homebase.

Alan

I have used gorilla glue (thanks for the tip Simplydubs) to try to bond the leg base onto the underside of the table by flexing it to allow the glue to flow underneath. I then refitted one of the rivets that was still tight enough, with glue around it, and then replaced the other using a pop rivet gun (£3.50 from TK Maxx)
We shall test the repair over the weekend. (The kids will!)

McMeefia said:
I have used gorilla glue (thanks for the tip Simplydubs) to try to bond the leg base onto the underside of the table by flexing it to allow the glue to flow underneath. I then refitted one of the rivets that was still tight enough, with glue around it, and then replaced the other using a pop rivet gun (£3.50 from TK Maxx)
We shall test the repair over the weekend. (The kids will!)

Good luck with it... let us know how you get on.

Mark