Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Table Leg Clip

Judyl

Judyl

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I managed to break the little clip that holds the table leg in place when you are putting away the sliding table. The local VW dealer does not have a part number for this. Has anyone else had this and how did you solve it ?

Ours broke really early on in ownership. The dealer offered us a complete new table; which I couldn't accept as I thought it was madness. I always intended to find a new clip and repair it myself but... we put a hair scunchie (apparently) doubled up on the end to stop rattles when we put it away (by simply holiding the leg as the table is lowered) and it has been as absolutely as good as gold..

I managed to break the little clip that holds the table leg in place when you are putting away the sliding table. The local VW dealer does not have a part number for this. Has anyone else had this and how did you solve it ?

What model and year, as it is not mentioned, we cannot help if you don't supply all the details.

John

Its a 2009 California SE (pre facelift model)

Our 2008 model's clip is not exactly broken but only 'weakly' holds the leg up against the table undersurface and is a bit of a nuisance but ok when the table is slid back.
So I'd be keen to hear what you replace and from where.
Thanks IA:)

Thanks for all your help. My guess is part 47 as well. Will have a good look this week to see if that is right. Might improvise next weekend with Velcro or elastic as I am away next weekend. I have been unable to get away since July due to family problems and I am missing my time away in my second home although I do use it as my only vehicle so it has been kept busy.

thread resurrection here...

My table is rattling as well. It looks like the clip that holds the table leg up to the bottom of the table has broken.

Has anyone had any luck sourcing these?

I managed to get one via a breakers. Not easy to replace as you have to drill the rivet out of the old one (carefully), then source a shallow rivet to fix the donor back on. I filled the hole with araldite first, left it overnight, then drilled it out to the correct diameter. You have to be mega-careful riveting it back on, otherwise you end up with a visible "bump" in the top of the table.

Good luck with this, perhaps it's because of the riveted aspect to this that VW have not made it available.

I tried the magnet solution without success, but a friend gave me a thin strap that provides a discrete fix without too much faff.PXL_20210202_123538707.jpg

Hiya. Is this the part everyone else is talking about?

I'm a new T6 Cali owner who decided against a conversion because I liked the idea of being able to replace bit with easily available VW parts - so I'm a bit annoyed the first thing that breaks turns out to be irreplaceable!
table clip.jpeg

Hiya. Is this the part everyone else is talking about?

I'm a new T6 Cali owner who decided against a conversion because I liked the idea of being able to replace bit with easily available VW parts - so I'm a bit annoyed the first thing that breaks turns out to be irreplaceable!
View attachment 110275
That looks like a 3D printable part. Don't know how hard the design process is.

Found the part number I was looking for (7H7068504) and have received delivery. Whether I will be able to fit it will be another question and it seems to require a rivet!