Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fog lights only in option?

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Might be a stupid question but are foglights already included in beach version?
I see "foglights with turn light assist" option, not sure if it is just that turning light option or foglights overall.

Might be a stupid question but are foglights already included in beach version?
I see "foglights with turn light assist" option, not sure if it is just that turning light option or foglights overall.
Doesn't come with fogs, I'm afraid. Either choose them in isolation or as part of a pack with the headlights from the Ocean. Can't remember what the pack is called right now.

So even if I'm paying sh$load for led lights they can't throw in damn fog lights? ;)

Doesn't come with fogs, I'm afraid. Either choose them in isolation or as part of a pack with the headlights from the Ocean. Can't remember what the pack is called right now.
exterior pack i think.
Fogs, upgraded headlights like ocean and black wing mirrors.

There is some "lights pack" with coming/leaving home wipers sensor and auto dimming rearview mirror. But it doesn't have fog lights.
We have weird builder in CZ. Those green thermal windows come as default and it says rear one is heated..

exterior pack i think.
Fogs, upgraded headlights like ocean and black wing mirrors.
Hi Daveyboy, had a test drive in a Beach this morning and insisted that the test drive included a visit to the lot to see some of the colours 'in the metal', so to speak. As a result, got to see yours and have to say that it looks brilliant! Very cool colour choice when it's parked in front of you - completely suits the Beach!

Hi Daveyboy, had a test drive in a Beach this morning and insisted that the test drive included a visit to the lot to see some of the colours 'in the metal', so to speak. As a result, got to see yours and have to say that it looks brilliant! Very cool colour choice when it's parked in front of you - completely suits the Beach!
Thanks Rhyddin!
I have to admit to being nervous when ordering it. Yellow can be brilliant or pretty terrible.
It's always going to divide opinion but I agree with you that it looks cool in the metal.
I liked seeing it alongside all the other more business like vans in the compound. Definitely a fun vehicle.
You've done one better than me though. Have never driven a Cali!
Was the beach they have a 150? How was it?
Don't suppose you noticed whether they'd put my 17inch wheels on yet!?

Thanks Rhyddin!
I have to admit to being nervous when ordering it. Yellow can be brilliant or pretty terrible.
It's always going to divide opinion but I agree with you that it looks cool in the metal.
I liked seeing it alongside all the other more business like vans in the compound. Definitely a fun vehicle.
You've done one better than me though. Have never driven a Cali!
Was the beach they have a 150? How was it?
Don't suppose you noticed whether they'd put my 17inch wheels on yet!?
Hi. I actually did look at your wheels and it still has the original 16" wheels. I like them and, compared to the 20" low profiles on my A6, they'll be gentler on bumps and a bargain to replace so I'm sticking with those!

I enjoyed the drive. It is a 150PS model with the manual box. The engine is very smooth and quiet, plus it's more responsive than I'd expected. The box has a very short first gear, which I would have to get used to if I went manual but, after years of autos, I would have to go with DSG anyway.

I was impressed and I'm so very close now. My wife is really not keen so that's the only thing holding me back now. Would have to be Acapulco Blue for me - it's the only thing that is conservative enough for work but still fun-ish.

Hi. I actually did look at your wheels and it still has the original 16" wheels. I like them and, compared to the 20" low profiles on my A6, they'll be gentler on bumps and a bargain to replace so I'm sticking with those!

I enjoyed the drive. It is a 150PS model with the manual box. The engine is very smooth and quiet, plus it's more responsive than I'd expected. The box has a very short first gear, which I would have to get used to if I went manual but, after years of autos, I would have to go with DSG anyway.

I was impressed and I'm so very close now. My wife is really not keen so that's the only thing holding me back now. Would have to be Acapulco Blue for me - it's the only thing that is conservative enough for work but still fun-ish.
I think the 16's look good too. The 17's just look that bit better. And at around ÂŁ650 on eBay for new alloys and tyres I couldn't resist. Will still get ÂŁ500+ for them I reckon.
What is your wife reluctant about with the Cali?
Did she come with you today?
I think the blue looks good and still fun too.
How long would it take to be delivered if you ordered now? Has production speeded up any?

I think the 16's look good too. The 17's just look that bit better. And at around ÂŁ650 on eBay for new alloys and tyres I couldn't resist. Will still get ÂŁ500+ for them I reckon.
What is your wife reluctant about with the Cali?
Did she come with you today?
I think the blue looks good and still fun too.
How long would it take to be delivered if you ordered now? Has production speeded up any?
16 weeks production times currently.

She did come along and agrees that it is very cool on the inside but just can't come to terms with the fact that it is undeniably a van, which she's not a fan of. We both have nice Audis at the moment and, as a result of the 'van' thing, she does not see this as a progression. I, on the other hand, just see a cool thing that offers so much more than just a vehicle. I think my customers would find it fun, so I'm not concerned about the professional perception of it!

I also see infinitely better residuals, even if it will cost a little more per month!

16 weeks production times currently.

She did come along and agrees that it is very cool on the inside but just can't come to terms with the fact that it is undeniably a van, which she's not a fan of. We both have nice Audis at the moment and, as a result of the 'van' thing, she does not see this as a progression. I, on the other hand, just see a cool thing that offers so much more than just a vehicle. I think my customers would find it fun, so I'm not concerned about the professional perception of it!

I also see infinitely better residuals, even if it will cost a little more per month!
I understand her reservations. She's probably only going to be converted once (if) you get one and start using it.

16 weeks isn't too bad. Just in time for sunnier weather (hopeful in Lancashire!)

I understand her reservations. She's probably only going to be converted once (if) you get one and start using it.

16 weeks isn't too bad. Just in time for sunnier weather (hopeful in Lancashire!)
What is there not to love about this?! (On the 16", incidentally)

image.jpeg

Um are those fog lights really that necessary? Just try to recall how many times I used them for last 10 years. I was turning them on 4-5 times in fog just cos they are there but not sure I need them.
They are for car visibility for traffic ahead and I think those LED lights are way better at that. There are cheap halogen fog lights anyway..

Um are those fog lights really that necessary? Just try to recall how many times I used them for last 10 years. I was turning them on 4-5 times in fog just cos they are there but not sure I need them.
They are for car visibility for traffic ahead and I think those LED lights are way better at that. There are cheap halogen fog lights anyway..
The appeal of the fog lights isn't predominantly for use in fog, it's that they illuminate the appropriate side of the road when you indicate or turn the wheel in that direction: turn the wheel to the left, the left fog light further illuminates the left side of the road and you have a clear view of where you're about to drive. I have the feature on my car and it is really good.

Seems like an utterly pointless feature to me. I've turned corners without them for 27 years without any alarms.
In fact I'd go so far as to say that front fog lights should be banned altogether as I'm sick and fed up of pillocks that drive around with them on all the time at night because they think it looks cool.
In the six years we've had our cali I don't think I've ever turned them on!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Seems like an utterly pointless feature to me. I've turned corners without them for 27 years without any alarms.
In fact I'd go so far as to say that front fog lights should be banned altogether as I'm sick and fed up of pillocks that drive around with them on all the time at night because they think it looks cool.
In the six years we've had our cali I don't think I've ever turned them on!

Sent from my Galaxy S6
I'm not sure it's worth getting this wound up about.
There are plenty of options/added extras that aren't NECESSARY but they are nice or helpful or comfortable or fun.
I'd rather have fog lights than not.

Yeah I forgot to mention that I've got the fog lights with cornering function on my T6 transporter highline when it arrives in the new year so I'm not actually that bothered, it's standard so I didn't get any choice in the matter!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Cornering function can be switched of with VCDS.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back