Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitting reversing camera to 2011 Cali

Frankyworthy

Frankyworthy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi

I have had a look around and can't find an existing post related to this.

I took my van to ICE in Preston who fitted a new all singing and dancing head unit, DAB radio etc.

I was also looking for a reversing camera to go with it.

They were not confident of wiring to a camera as they did not want to remove panelling etc, disturb existing wiring looms etc and were, therefore, unsure of getting panels back as snugly as they are on an original Cali. Conversions are easy by all accounts.

TWO questions:

1. Wireless cameras would be an option but they are not reliable I'm told. Thoughts on this?

2. Has anybody had an after fit reversing camera installed and if so, how?

Thanks
Paul

Easy enough cable route surely?

Tricky but would be picking up the reverse switch signal, unless it's already present at the existing head unit/harness?

Thanks All,

Update.

£700 at Hazzydays is a bit steep to get a camera fitted. I think I can just reverse carefully at that price.

Had a chat with my independent VW/Audi fella who has done my Audis and vans for years. He reckons he would securely run the wiring from cam location under the van but concealed behind under-panels then route into engine and on into cab, all silicon sealed up. 2 hours labour costs is c £80 then the cost of the cam - another £80 ??

Any thoughts on best cams and costs?
Paul

One that will talk to your head unit.

Now that sounds a lot more interesting than a severe punch in the wallet!!

Back