Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First trip abroad, fridge issue!!!!

I can’t work out what causes it?
I’ve had the fridge out a few times so it’s not that as the height of the fridge top it not adjustable.

I think the lid just sits on the seal.

I’m trying to find a new seal as I think it may be tired. Seals on vertical fridge doors aren’t under compression.

I’ll try a thin spacer to see if it raises the lid height.

Closing the fridge lid never feels like it’s actually compressing the seal.

So after having this problem with the fridge, I had a look at the weekend to check that it’s okay now and won’t happen again.
It seemed that the vertical copper piece between each fuse is a link to join them together on the supply side, like a bus bar. It was one of these loose that was causing my issue.

EBC8FA8F-0644-4A4F-B198-5D2B8B0B9CC7.jpeg

However I have noticed what looks like a blueish colour power on some of the copper pipes under the fridge, this usually indicates a leak. The fridge is still working okay, I’m just suspecting that the compressor comes on more frequently than it should and in turn uses more power from the leisure battery.
I might have to send it to the company that Sidepod got to repair his.

Sounds exactly how mine looked on the pipe Work around the compressor.

Deffo worth getting it refurbished before it dies altogether.

Yea that’s the plan, might have to make a short holiday trip to the uk, and get it done while I’m there. Can’t find any suitable company here.
I’ve installed an extra seal around the fridge door for the moment to see if that helps to keep it cooler.

Ours doesn’t line up because the kitchen lid is warped slightly along its length. A few G&Ts soon sort this though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ours doesn’t line up because the kitchen lid is warped slightly along its length. A few G&Ts soon sort this though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
But it’ll still be there in the morning and it’ll ruin your day !

But it’ll still be there in the morning and it’ll ruin your day !

Ha yeah. It would if the kitchen top wasn’t buried under empty tonic cans and various other camping related paraphernalia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fridge seal to help keep the inside temp down. Seems to help so far.

7F9D447D-7DBC-4DBA-BB0A-CF6945E62203.jpeg

Nice. But does it bring it level with the hob? :rolleyes:

Fridges aside, got to love the look of that T4 in silver. Like a planetary excursion vehicle from the Starship Enterprise. (Hope you've set phasers to stun.)

Fridges aside, got to love the look of that T4 in silver. Like a planetary excursion vehicle from the Starship Enterprise. (Hope you've set phasers to stun.)
Cheers, yea silver is the colour to have!!