Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First timer from Stuttgard to Chisinau

Neil I

Neil I

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Any tips on a first time journey through Europe, will we have to be organized and book places, or can we go with the wind?

If a place is full, what do you usually do, what are the acceptable norms for sleeping for the night in urban or country settings?

Cheers

Und you travel Germany, get the iOS App mobile life.
Here you can browse for places to stay.
Great help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, I will download. In America, you can overnight camp in a walmart parking lot. which is great for them and great for campers. Any stores or places like that in Europe?

We camped through France, Italy, Austria and Germany in July and August last year and didn't book any site in advance, apart from the first and last one close to the ferry port.

At no time were we unable to get into a site of our choice for from one to 7 nights. In France you can camp in the Aires. We haven't done this, but I gather the urban ones on the edge of towns are considered safer than the motorway ones. Clearly signposted and usually with waste water disposal too.

So don't worry about booking sites, just follow the wind and maybe ring ahead on the day if you are concerned.

Alan

Thanks Alan. cant wait to see where the wind blows us.