Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First impressions of CAMC site

Aah, but whose fault was that? Unless you had already told them not to.
Well it was my fault for not checking the tiny tick box but I wasn't expecting it until it happened. It didn't happen again I assure you. A warning for anyone wanting out of the club. Make sure you opt out of auto renew in your account

I’m in 2 minds about renewing. The sites I’ve stayed at (around 8 of them) have been spotless (new bathrooms at Pandy are amazing!) and well organised, however dare I say I have found them to be pretty soulless - the no fire pits rule means that everyone is in their motorhomes / awnings at night (often watching tv) akin to a static caravan park. Compared with somewhere like Etties field (cheaper!!) there is no competition in my book. However, some of the club sites are in great locations (Hawes and many of the Cotswolds sites) and annoyingly the one we would use most (Broadway) is members only. On balance I will probably renew for this reason but not try to ‘get my moneys worth’ by choosing club sites where there are nicer and more individual independents nearby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s absolutely personal preference. For us, over the past 2 years, we have come to build longer tours around a mixture of CAMC sites and independents, occasionally CCC sites. CAMC sites can be quite ‘samey’ but the positive is zero learning curve, reliable standard, and can be in very useful locations. They’re particularly useful as stopover sites, and ‘close to town’ sites. We book independent sites for more novel locations. CAMC and CCC can be useful when doing cross channel trips, saving us around £130 for two trips this year. We got really wound up when the booking system was radically changed along with the cancellation policy, but taking it as a whole, we’ll be sticking with CAMC another year.

Stayed at my first CAMC site to day Daleacres in Kent - we needed something just as a stop over as we had business in the area and didn't want do drive 200 miles each way in a day.

We arrived late due to traffic and had to pitch outs the site compound but within the site a flat gravel area with EHU which was fine for us and right by the Toilets also, Staff very friendly recommended