Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Finding a campsite in the Uk

Bit late in the conversation but I use an app called Archies Campings (yes that's spelt right) which has literally every site in Europe on it and is constantly updated. Type in area and it searches with links to websites and also opens directions in Sygik or which ever Sat Nav you use. If no websites there's a description of it with links to some review websites. App is also free!!
£2.49 in the apple App Store.

Really - it's free on Android and mine updated POI's yesterday.
The Android app is now £2.99.
I think originally the app was free. You still get the apps and data free but now they are charging for the app on both platforms.

I think originally the app was free. You still get the apps and data free but now they are charging for the app on both platforms.
Well £2.99 is still cheap and I suppose they need to make some money to keep it going. Must admit I use it quite a lot and found it invaluable last Sept in Scotland with most sites rammed full.

Thanks for the clarification WG. We didn’t have any android kit to check it out on.

Well £2.99 is still cheap and I suppose they need to make some money to keep it going. Must admit I use it quite a lot and found it invaluable last Sept in Scotland with most sites rammed full.
Yes, £2.99 is a good price for a good app that comes recommended. Thanks for letting us know about it, I’d never heard of it. It’s worth people looking at the user reviews to make sure you know what features it has/doesn’t have.

Last edited:
Do you have a specific location(s) you intend to visit in the U.K. or are you just planning at the mo ?
the reason I ask is if you are going to a specific location(s) you may get some more targeted advise on where to stay etc

£2.49 in the apple App Store.
Just bought it - thanks for flagging as I’d not heard of it before. It’s a fairly basic app but in terms of identifying campsites to then research further it serves its purpose.

Back