Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended warrenty price

Vincent Mercer

Vincent Mercer

VIP Member
Sorry to re open this discussion..... but nothing recent on this issue that I can find
My Cali comes out of factory warranty very shortly. Initially I was given a price of £329 for a 2 yr/80K m extension... but on ringing the dealer today I'm told it all has to be done online... On the Commercial VW site the price was considerably more for a single year.... am I looking in the wrong place? Also assume the extended warranty DOES NOT cover VW Roadside Assistance??

The warranty you have been looking MUST be bought at or within a month or so of registering a new van. Great value.Sorry to say you have missed the boat.

Thanks Andy, Miffed that I didn't pick this up at time of purchase and the local dealer didn't say so when I enquired. recently ... another of life's regrets....

I went through the same at the start of 2020.

After comparing details from a number of extended warranty options, including VW, I opted for a 3 year extended policy from MotorEasy.

This policy covers more than VW offer, and was a saving compared to VW.

After 3 more years, I have the option to extend further up to 10 years.

All details are covered in the following post....

Alan, Thanks...that wasn't an option i had previously considered. I'll have look at the link...
Cheers, V

Sorry to re open this discussion..... but nothing recent on this issue that I can find
My Cali comes out of factory warranty very shortly. Initially I was given a price of £329 for a 2 yr/80K m extension... but on ringing the dealer today I'm told it all has to be done online... On the Commercial VW site the price was considerably more for a single year.... am I looking in the wrong place? Also assume the extended warranty DOES NOT cover VW Roadside Assistance??
I went with Warrantywise as they didn't have repair limits or parts exclusions also if taken to follow end of VW 3 year period no inspection or probation period. Far far more cover than VW offering.

Back