Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A 3 generation upgrade...

Bobthebus

Bobthebus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
So we took the plunge, and on 25th May this year put in an order for a T6 Ocean 204 DSG 4 motion. Delivery was almost exactly 7 months later.

For about 6 years we had loved having our T25 Devon conversion ‘Noel’, but he was often in the garage for repairs and restoration and after a few too many roadside breakdowns and with two small children 6 and 3 we decided to move to something a little more modern and reliable.

7vSjGeP2tb0_FPhI5R1HE60zn6geiY2KqDIbSXNcrFCXXFfxBW4EvuD-BKccM4uJXOocPQWfcdetoIYbpKEX1TOCY2ey1_0geHDV1T2jLKZCk53mhCPuO8AdQ8YSB43WI8kj-5Gn

Xlwc55U4UYMJ745j3QWfb94i15rFjeOG3eJJIKcjrE5WO8vwtjKLvyyXHrvA2a4EHEW-8aYeGnYKOWuCMH1f0VrvqBzrhQcGb3JopIbMyp2s-h4h0meGww_ZsLd229x_qemSzb7U

At times it seems you can’t really make a comparison, but although the T6 is much more high tech the layout has simply become much more refined rather than being dramatically different.

We opted for a few spec upgrades:

Metallic Mojave Beige - which we really like. I’ve worked out it is a sunshine-beige-dark-day-grey colour, and much more interesting that the standard silver.

Silver Awning

Front and rear parking sensors and rear camera - essential as we have a tight driveway to get into!

Comfort mattress - although anything was going to be more comfortable than 30 year old foam in the T25!

Cruise control

Composition media with app connect - Why would anyone pay so much for sat nav when you can use google maps on your phone?

Seat covers - by Brandrup in original fabric - essential with 2 young children but without making the interior look too utilitarian

Carpet mats - front, middle and rear. The middle one is quite practical as it folds on itself so the bench can be moved forward.

Ugly bike rack - I keep needing to remember it sticks out more that the reversing sensors/camera detect!

First 4 services for £214 including VAT

Only regret is perhaps not getting the multifunction steering wheel, but as an option it seemed rather overpriced. Given the current weather mudguards would probably have been good as well.

We ordered from Breeze in Poole, with a reasonable discount 8.5% on base pre-VAT price, but including a £750 VW loyalty discount. I would recommend dealing with Carl Jones - very helpful and knowledgeable. We live close to Totton so will be using the Breeze branch there for servicing.

We are probably going to go with the 2 year additional extended factory warranty for £329

We can’t wait for the darkness to clear and the weather to improve so that we can really get out any enjoy him. My son has named him Bob. Hence the username bobthebus

Only gripes so far are the difficulty fitting the car seats into iso fixings - a real fiddle - so as an additional extravagance we have bought new boosters (in matching grey of course!), to avoid the hassle and fiddle of transferring them over from the car to the van for every trip.

lXNB2dYGQIkpZ2XP5WvdCJ6Dk37OPwyKWgY4lF27w3B2lfmERZF2pACReEbr1pVFrLIFbwEPQxbGtJibcnFPDm2hTZ5VARBmYP72a-pL4e29gQlHqCybfewxZVDM7UpED23SA8S4

We have got most of the camping gear from before including a brilliant pop up Quechua tent, so we are busy planning all the trips for next year now.

Have really enjoyed reading the forum over the last 7 months to keep our spirits up during the long wait, a fantastic resource and community.

Some better photos to follow...

Fantastic.
Lovely van. Please let us know how you get on.
I hope that you have many happy adventures.

Hi, I'll look out for you as I am only in Fareham. I ordered in September and mine is unconfirmed build week 16. Not happy. Good to hear you obtained a good discount from Breeze. I wanted to buy from them but their response was "difficult giving more than 5% as the margins are so small". Nice colour choice.

Lovely choice. Remember use it to max and have great times:):thumb

Bob the Bus is lovely :thumb

And so was your T25 Devon, although I completely get where you're coming from when it comes to having a vintage bus with small kids, massive amounts of character and charm but unfortunately without the reliability and running costs to match :(

And it looks like you've been having adventures already, fantastic! Your kids will have have memories to cherish forever....