Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Europe e sim ‘cards’

Celia Vanchez

Celia Vanchez

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 199
We are currently planning a one month + trip to France, Spain and Portugal and considering our mobile connectivity. Read a lot about SIM cards and wonder if anyone has had any experience of using them eg ease of download and set up, coverage, support and ease of use. I’ve read they are just as useful as buying one when you arrive in Europe.

I have just spent 3 weeks driving through France, Switzerland, Italy and Austria. I used an eSIM for the first time. Utterly brilliant. Maya Mobile, 30 days unlimited 4G and 5G, £39. Their eSIM allowed my wife and kids to tether as well. We used 37GB!!!

There is a reason their Trustpilot scores are high. Will use again.

Thank you for the information. I’ve not heard of Maya Mobile; did you find them on a simple internet search?

I have just spent 3 weeks driving through France, Switzerland, Italy and Austria. I used an eSIM for the first time. Utterly brilliant. Maya Mobile, 30 days unlimited 4G and 5G, £39. Their eSIM allowed my wife and kids to tether as well. We used 37GB!!!

There is a reason their Trustpilot scores are high. Will use again.
I have unlimited data and free roaming on my Vodafone contract so just use that. My wife can tether to it if required.
If that changes I’ll look at Maya Mobile. Seems good.

I have just been reading about esim cards for my trip to Morocco next week. This is very timely and lots of good info