End of line specials

motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
With the demise of the T5 Cali, I'm sure there will be various levels of stock left over, such as pop up roofs, Eberspacher heaters, kitchen units etc etc. I wonder if we are going to see some "Special" editions appearing in the dealers over the next few months using up some of these left over bits?

;) They wil all fit nice in the T6

If they do, then there can't be much difference between the two vans!

Unlikely I'd say.... Mainly due to the fact in some European countries VW have to keep stock parts available for repairs for 10 years after end of production.

I guess we're also far too familiar with parts availability issues for the roofs! ;)

I spoke to one of the big UK camper van converters recently at the NEC motorhome show. I can't remember exactly which one, possibly Bilbo's or Danbury. They said they were advised that they will have all their new VW vans by the end of the year, and that all their current interiors will fit into the new vans. So, it seems that the interior layout and space is identical between the old and new van. This may mean that the next California is not so far away.

Quite like the way it's kept the 5.1 design but taken styling cues from the new Ford Transit...

Interesting that the interior is proported to be exactly the same dimensions & shape.

Quite like the way it's kept the 5.1 design but taken styling cues from the new Ford Transit...

Interesting that the interior is proported to be exactly the same dimensions & shape.

My dealer said it's basically the same chassis etc/ body as they have the dimensions for the T6 van and they are the same as the T5.

My dealer said it's basically the same chassis etc/ body as they have the dimensions for the T6 van and they are the same as the T5.

Makes sense and as would be a 2nd stage facelift.

When they went T4 to T5, interior dimensions actually got smaller... but it was at least a fundamental change.

Tried the translator thing on that page and this is what came up.

Volkswagen willthe TransporterT6at the IAAin Frankfurt (september2015)proposals.The base isthe currentTransporter T5with a large number ofcustomizations:

-Bodywork:completely newfront witha betterair resistance,other lightsand bumpers.There is nowalso the possibility ofthe carin 2 colours(two-tone paint)to order.

-Interior:completely newdashboard,morecomfortable chairs,use ofmorevaluable materialsandthe latestinfotainment.

-Engines:Thenew Euro6 enginerangewill be between85 HPand230 HPpowerful.By the latesttechnique isan averagedecrease of 15%on fuel consumptionachieved.

°°°°°

Inthe VWCaliforniafactoryinLimmerisfor some timebeen working ontheadaptations andinnovationsfor the VWT6California.It is expectedthat the firstT6California'send2015/2016startavailable.AlsoWestfaliapop topcamperalsoannounces that itdevelopa VWstarting from January2015can beordered(seefurtherinfohere).

°°°°°

A completely newVolkswagen Transporter,which then becomes the T7iscalled,would begoing to comeby 2020at the earliest.

Volkswagen has thelast yearssomeConcept Carsshowthatas a possible successora chancehad made;the Microbus,theBulliand eT!.

Not so sure I like this rendering? Reminds me a bit of Postman Pat's van!image.jpg

Volkswagen willthe TransporterT6at the IAAin Frankfurt (september2015)proposals.The base isthe currentTransporter T5with a large number ofcustomizations:
I wonder if it will have that bane of modern cars, an electronic handbrake? If so, that is a good reason to keep our T5's!

The T6 is basically the introduction of the new engine, to meet the new EU emissions regulations. There is a lot of smoke and mirrors. Yes the new engine has to be more "powerful" than the present because it has basically been strangled by the regulations. It will cost more so there have been some minor external and internal cosmetic changes to mitigate and give an excuse for the price hike.
The truly NEW Transporter will be the T7, whenever that will be.
The T6 is really, as has already been mentioned a T5.2 in all but name.

I wonder if it will have that bane of modern cars, an electronic handbrake? If so, that is a good reason to keep our T5's!
Ha ha. Is this a wind up? Electronic handbrake would make life much easier.

Ha ha. Is this a wind up? Electronic handbrake would make life much easier.
No, my wife's Golf 7 has electronic handbrake and it's caused no end of grief. Try doing a 3 point turn on a steep slope when the handbrake refuses to engage. Or attempting to move away at the lights when it doesn't disengage and the cars behind are beeping their horns. Happened numerous times, but never, of course, when the dealer has it :mad:

I agree the absence of the handbrake would make it much easier to rotate the driver's seat though :) so we can turn round and give the finger to the driver behind when the brakes are stuck at the lights :D

No, my wife's Golf 7 has electronic handbrake and it's caused no end of grief. Try doing a 3 point turn on a steep slope when the handbrake refuses to engage. Or attempting to move away at the lights when it doesn't disengage and the cars behind are beeping their horns. Happened numerous times, but never, of course, when the dealer has it :mad:

I agree the absence of the handbrake would make it much easier to rotate the driver's seat though :) so we can turn round and give the finger to the driver behind when the brakes are stuck at the lights :D
Fair enough. I have EPB on my Disco. I have had no issues with it, although I know others have had. To be honest, being an auto gearbox, I rarely engage it anyway. Even when parked.

That's an artist impression. There's been no shots of the T6 except the car spy ones.

Yeah whatever , this post was started with this question:

With the demise of the T5 Cali, I'm sure there will be various levels of stock left over, such as pop up roofs, Eberspacher heaters, kitchen units etc etc. I wonder if we are going to see some "Special" editions appearing in the dealers over the next few months using up some of these left over bits?

What my point was/is that the NEXT VW California wil have a lot parts of the current model...so VW wil not dump parts....
;)

Back