Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DSC vs Awning?

Me too, I for one look forward to not having to drive.

Then I won't have to put up with people like this morning who got flashed by a van and then pulled out on me without looking. I was doing 25mph and had the cheek to tell me to slow down. The joys of the road.

Youn could just fit a Fiamma awning when you get the van. Cheaper and better than the VW/Omnistor option as well.
I was thinking about aftermarket options - wonder if that will invalidate the warranty though. Will check it out - Thanks

Me too, I for one look forward to not having to drive.

Then I won't have to put up with people like this morning who got flashed by a van and then pulled out on me without looking. I was doing 25mph and had the cheek to tell me to slow down. The joys of the road.
being on two wheels certainly keeps you on your toes - that's for sure. I love my bike but want every safety feature I can find (although I still can't commit to the hi viz vest). ABS is brilliant when you need it as is the traction control - but each to their own. Stay safe :thumb

OK - so overall weight is the issue. I guess that makes sense, well a little bit anyway.
Thats a shame - I really want the awning so will have to ditch the DCC.
That leaves me with the option of heavy duty springs and possibly lowering the ride height, although I really didn't want to lose ground clearance.

From my perspective I didn't order the very expensive awning as i wanted a clean looking Cali without bits stuck on the side. I then bought a very lightweight awning that slides into the strip provided on the side Think it cost £100.00. I use it when it's a bit hot/sunny for shade. Also bought a side to it. I do t use the awning much.

My advice is get the DCC because you can not ever back fit that and buy a light weight awning if you find you need one.

Also I might add I've had my Cali lowered 30mm and it drives and rides much better than standard springs. At the end of the day I drive it like a camper and if I push it around corners my children and contents of the van end up on one side or the other so I don't hammer it like it's a sports car. Hope that helps you.

From my perspective I didn't order the very expensive awning as i wanted a clean looking Cali without bits stuck on the side. I then bought a very lightweight awning that slides into the strip provided on the side Think it cost £100.00. I use it when it's a bit hot/sunny for shade. Also bought a side to it. I do t use the awning much.

My advice is get the DCC because you can not ever back fit that and buy a light weight awning if you find you need one.

Also I might add I've had my Cali lowered 30mm and it drives and rides much better than standard springs. At the end of the day I drive it like a camper and if I push it around corners my children and contents of the van end up on one side or the other so I don't hammer it like it's a sports car. Hope that helps you.

Euro trail is the make.

IMG_4256.JPG

thats interesting and very helpful - thanks for the input and photo :thanks

I was thinking about aftermarket options - wonder if that will invalidate the warranty though. Will check it out - Thanks

I don't see why it would. The Fiamma awning uses the same mounting points as the the VW one on the van. It's not connected to or interfering with any of the vans systems.

With all these "driving aids/safety things" driver will have nothing to do. Make a brew, whilst van drives it's self.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
This happened in America,when a guy bought a campervan with cruisecontrol put the cruisecontrol on and went in the to make a make a drink he crash he was not tould how it should be use and sued

This happened in America,when a guy bought a campervan with cruisecontrol put the cruisecontrol on and went in the to make a make a drink he crash he was not tould how it should be use and sued
Too True

Winnebago winner?
"This year's runaway First Place Stella Award winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski , of Oklahoma City, who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich.
"Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set.

"The Oklahoma jury awarded her – are you sitting down? – $1,750,000 plus a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home."

Confused! Did someone say that you can't have an awning with 4Motion DSG (gearbox)? I have ordered that spec with no problem to date.
Didn't try for DCC so can't comment. Couldn't have lowered suspension. (just to deviate the original thread)

Too True

Winnebago winner?
"This year's runaway First Place Stella Award winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski , of Oklahoma City, who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich.
"Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set.

"The Oklahoma jury awarded her – are you sitting down? – $1,750,000 plus a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home."
Back in a bit off to have a look at the VWManual on ACC and perhaps go for a drive.

Mike

Back