Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DSC vs Awning?

G

gateway77

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi All

I've just been informed that I can't have the DSC and and awning on my Ocean.

I've not seen this in any other threads - so if I've missed it in the search I apologise.

I'm pretty surprised about this as I really can't see why those two items are conflictual in any way.
After all the top speed (which is irrelevant anyway) can't be affected by the DSC and I understood that the awning is standard equipment.

Has anyone else been told this - apparently it's come from the factory. If so whats the best route.

1. Add an awning afterwards
2. Ditch DSC and go for heavy duty springs?
3. Any other suggestions?

I appreciate that the DSC isn't everyones cup of tea but I've had it on a few cars and bikes and find it useful to switch for different road conditions. I don't need it to drive fast - it's not a sports car.

All comments and advice very much appreciated.

Hi Los - yes. Thanks for correcting me on that - it was DSC on one of my other vehicles.

Bugger I can't even spell your name correctly - must go and lie down!
So the DCC cannot be optioned with the awning - although on the config it obviously can.

Even on that I was a bit confused as the awning looks like a 'standard' fitting but the dealer told me it must be ordered as an option?

Bugger I can't even spell your name correctly - must go and lie down!
So the DCC cannot be optioned with the awning - although on the config it obviously can.

Even on that I was a bit confused as the awning looks like a 'standard' fitting but the dealer told me it must be ordered as an option?
Which California are you purchasing?

How clued up is your Dealership on the California?

I can see no rational reason why DCC and an Awning is mutually exclusive

The Awning, if standard, still has to be ordered as it comes in 2 colours.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Which California are you purchasing?

How clued up is your Dealership on the California?

I can see no rational reason why DCC and an Awning is mutually exclusive

The Awning, if standard, still has to be ordered as it comes in 2 colours.

Ordering Ocean 204 DSG 4 motion. From Exeter - seem to be fine but this has come from the factory.
Apparently the awning affects 'stability'.
Have ordered awning in black as they obviously go faster;)

A bit perplexed now as I'd like both options. And really can't see how they can affect each other.
Anyone else ordered these options? Pretty sure that DCC can't be that rare.

It's a matter of weight! The Ocean with DSG and 4 Motion is very Heavy. Therefore the 5th seat and awning is to heavy. It would exeed the total weight of the van.

That's the reason why it can't be ordered in combination. It has nothing to do with DCC

It's a matter of weight! The Ocean with DSG and 4 Motion is very Heavy. Therefore the 5th seat and awning is to heavy. It would exeed the total weight of the van.
Sorry, but what has the 5th seat got to do with this. The 4motion has not come from the factory with the 3rd rail or 5th seat for the past x years.
The Awning is standard on the Ocean.
Now unless DCC weighs a significant amount, which may be the case, I can see no mechanical reason why you cannot have it with the Awning.

As I said the Ocean with 4 Motion is very heavy itself. So no 5th seat is possible. And it's the same with the awning!

Take the 4 Motion out of the configuration and you can add the awning

Or order the cali without awning. Buy it separate. You might have problems in a police control or in case of an accident with your insurance company if the total weight was over the maximum....

Does DSC and other handling improvements come with straps to hold the cups, cutlery, groceries and porta potty down as you slice through the twisties? ;)

Interesting as I was toying with the DCC when I had placed my order. A 204 4Motion with an awning.
When I made an enquiry about the possibility of DCC I was told it was not possible. Frankly at the time I was happy as it took away the temptation. I therefore didn't bottom out the reason why I couldn't have it. Perhaps the weight was the reason.

Mike

OK - so overall weight is the issue. I guess that makes sense, well a little bit anyway.
Thats a shame - I really want the awning so will have to ditch the DCC.
That leaves me with the option of heavy duty springs and possibly lowering the ride height, although I really didn't want to lose ground clearance.

or of course ... I could leave the ride and suspension as standard.

Reading through all the posts on this subject theres a lot of support for both options:confused:

The early reviewers mentioned it was quite pointless anyway.
this might be quite correct - however is probably fairly subjective. I have it on my motorbike (similar tech) and use it multiple times a day - whereas I know others with the same bike who never touch it. Thanks for the comment anyway. I'll go back through the threads on springs and see if thats the route forward.

This topic has become completely jumbled with confusion between DCC and DSG
I wish posters would read the previous posts and keep up. :)
The OP does also need to understand that 4motion removes the 3rd rail and is not compatible with extra seats, but not what was originally asked.

You have Dynamic Chassis Control on your motorbike! oh boy things must have progressed since the CG125 ;)
you're right they have!
It's fantastic though to be able to adapt the bike at the flick of a switch for different road surfaces.

This topic has become completely jumbled with confusion between DCC and DSG
I wish posters would read the previous posts and keep up. :)
The OP does also need to understand that 4motion removes the 3rd rail and is not compatible with extra seats, but not what was originally asked.
I tend to agree - not helped by me using the wrong terminology.
However been useful to find out that the incompatibility is possibly to do with the overall weight of the vehicle. I'd better keep an eye on how much I'm eating between now and delivery next year!;)
I'll think about this and put forward a fresh question with the right terms.

Youn could just fit a Fiamma awning when you get the van. Cheaper and better than the VW/Omnistor option as well.

With all these "driving aids/safety things" driver will have nothing to do. Make a brew, whilst van drives it's self.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back