Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Door card wear

martinalanlee

martinalanlee

Moominpig
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Our new (2015) SE has a couple of snags on the passenger door card, the material that covers the speakers etc. The vehicle has only had a couple of short trips and not been put through any punishment as-of-yet so I am interest in opinions on the material quality here. The snags are on the edges so i am guessing it is where it has been rubbed getting in and out. It looks like it is a looped material that will ladder and fray? Just interested to know if others have had this and|or if the material has changed between editions. Thanks in advance.

It's quite common to mark where the seat turns round. Not sure about
Down by the speaker.

Thanks. I do have wear spot there. I was annoyed with myself for doing that one. I have more on the edge of the pocket above where the fabric is stretched over the edge. Thanks

It all depends on how cautious one gets in/ out ....
Meaning hitting theire shoes against the underside of the door .
That is a problem on every car and not specific Cali related i guess...
From new you spot every scratch and spot ....afther a while you don't notice them anymore....

It's quite common to mark where the seat turns round. Not sure about
Down by the speaker.

Open the door a bit while turning the seat...

Mine often looks like the inside of a Sherman tank after a quick scuffle through the Normandy bocage ...

I brush it flat with a damp cloth.

Mine often looks like the inside of a Sherman tank after a quick scuffle through the Normandy bocage ...

I brush it flat with a damp cloth.
Thanks for tip.