Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does your T6.1 double skinned Bellows leak?

Does your T6.1 roof bellows leak? please add month of build & colour if possible

• Yes leaks

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • No doesn't Leak

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • October 22 - November 22

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • December 22 - January 23

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • February 23 - March 23

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • April 23 - May23

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • June 23 - July 23

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Replaced & doesn't leak

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Replaced & still Leaks

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Red or Blue canvas, not grey

Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters
Can't place my vote yet as the bellows has only seen a minimal amount of rain. Enough to pepper the fabric but not enough to cause rivulets. As soon as it's fully tested I will place my vote. Btw only one person I have seen has the blue fabric. They posted their Ascot Grey a few days ago.

Adding copy of my bellows tag. If others can do the same then may aid some detective work to find a common thread (no pun intended - given it appears to be the stitching leaking !)

IMG_3440.jpeg

What happened to Nov 23-Dec 21?
? ??
should I have made it clearer with November 2023 to December 2023? - I can't edit it now.
before October 22 its old style single skin?
You can only have 9 answers hence having to group months.

This isn't going to work is it? We won't be able to match the dates to the leakage.
On the other hand if we get 30 votes and another 29 leaks it will be pretty conclusive.

Mine definitely leaks, need to double check check that it’s March 23 build tho

? ??
should I have made it clearer with November 2023 to December 2023? - I can't edit it now.
before October 22 its old style single skin?
You can only have 9 answers hence having to group months.
Ahh that was year. My bad. Long day.

@andyinluton why not add options to differentiate between front and side leaks? i.e, "Leaks observed - front panel" and "Leaks observed - side panel(s)". Might be some useful extra info?

@andyinluton why not add options to differentiate between front and side leaks? i.e, "Leaks observed - front panel" and "Leaks observed - side panel(s)". Might be some useful extra info?
You can only have 9 questions on a Poll! & Ive run out.
I havn't seen anyone mention that theirs leaks at the side but not on the front yet.

You can only have 9 questions on a Poll! & Ive run out.
I havn't seen anyone mention that theirs leaks at the side but not on the front yet.
Yep I get that, however there are some that have had leaks from the side and it might be useful to capture that too? It's far more likely in driven rain for the side panels to get tested as unless you're exactly square onto a constant wind (pretty much impossible!) one of the side panels will get rained on whereas the front requires it to be angled towards the rain (or for rain to be falling vertically).

@andyinluton I'm not sure the poll choices will give the granularity we need? How do we differentiate between those who voted for the manufacture period and who voted for leaks (or not)? Perhaps we need to combine, e.g. MY22 - Leaks, MY-22 - Doesn't leak, MY23 Q1 - Leaks, MY23 Q2 - Leaks . . . I know it's a lot of variables, but I am struggling to understand how we can understand the results unless each voter posts their choices (or if there's a way of seeing them I have missed).

@andyinluton I'm not sure the poll choices will give the granularity we need? How do we differentiate between those who voted for the manufacture period and who voted for leaks (or not)? Perhaps we need to combine, e.g. MY22 - Leaks, MY-22 - Doesn't leak, MY23 Q1 - Leaks, MY23 Q2 - Leaks . . . I know it's a lot of variables, but I am struggling to understand how we can understand the results unless each voter posts their choices (or if there's a way of seeing them I have missed).

I totally agree & if I was starting again I might have done it different - at the moment we only have two that don't leak, lets see how it goes with more results & it may be easier to see what the none leakers have in common, rather than the leakers. It may be the first batch that didn't leak & everything since does.

It could also be that the none- leakers have only camped in the Sahara......

At the moment its me + one other not leaking but I don't know the details of the other.

IF YOUR ROOF DOES NOT LEAK COULD YOU PLEASE LEAVE YOUR DETAILS IN A POST - ie build date , colour of roof, Uk van etc

And just to be clear these are build dates quoted in the poll and not delivery dates, which could be several months apart.

choices now increased to 15
Thanks @calikev , do you know if there is way to get at the data behind the poll? as perhaps one off dump into excel. Am thinking we need to split the data between the leakers and the none leakers.

If not I am thinking I need to start again with two separate polls, one with details of the leakers and one for the none leakers.

Thanks @calikev , do you know if there is way to get at the data behind the poll? as perhaps one off dump into excel. Am thinking we need to split the data between the leakers and the none leakers.

If not I am thinking I need to start again with two separate polls, one with details of the leakers and one for the none leakers.
I think if you're going to start again, I'd do it sooner rather than later before others contribute

Hi guys our Van is ascot grey with grey bellows. arrived at dealer Nov 22 . we have had the roof up in a few wet days and seen nothing coming through, the major storm we survived a couple of weeks ago in cornwall we had the rainbow screens wrap on. I think if you try to over think whats causing the leaks you will go down multiple rabbit holes as the variables for each event /leakage change so much.
Maybe the" simpler the better" and let VW worry about the rest. Just a thought, but if everyone whom has developed a leak could allow there data to be formalised in a letter to VW requesting they carryout an investigation may get some traction as opposed to each person approaching them. If VW not interested then a social media campaign may push the case.
I really hope mine continues not to leak.

Hi guys our Van is ascot grey with grey bellows. arrived at dealer Nov 22 . we have had the roof up in a few wet days and seen nothing coming through, the major storm we survived a couple of weeks ago in cornwall we had the rainbow screens wrap on. I think if you try to over think whats causing the leaks you will go down multiple rabbit holes as the variables for each event /leakage change so much.
Maybe the" simpler the better" and let VW worry about the rest. Just a thought, but if everyone whom has developed a leak could allow there data to be formalised in a letter to VW requesting they carryout an investigation may get some traction as opposed to each person approaching them. If VW not interested then a social media campaign may push the case.
I really hope mine continues not to leak.
And you have the new double skinned bellows?

i put that mine doesn't leak, because it hasn't leaked yet.

Hi guys our Van is ascot grey with grey bellows. arrived at dealer Nov 22 . we have had the roof up in a few wet days and seen nothing coming through, the major storm we survived a couple of weeks ago in cornwall we had the rainbow screens wrap on.
If you've had the wrap on, has the bellows had a chance to get wet?

Back