Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do you use your inverter socket at all?

While my T6 inverter does the job, has anyone upgraded the 150W inverter with a better one? What model ?

I’ll check mine tomorrow.
just checked the voltages. On EHU, the motor battery is showing 12.9v which I assumed was a trickle charge - however plugging the CTEK back in, it shows a half charged battery symbol and 14v across the terminals.

I'm still unsure if the EHU actually does anything for the motor battery on a 5.1.

Last edited:
just checked the voltages. On EHU, the motor battery is showing 12.9v which I assumed was a trickle charge - however plugging the CTEK back in, it shows a half charged battery symbol and 14v across the terminals.

I'm still unsure if the EHU actually does anything for the motor battery on a 5.1.
It does on mine. On EHU the Leisure battery voltage starts at 14.4v and drops over time to 13.4v . As the leisure battery voltage drops the engine battery voltage went from 12.2 to 13.4v over the same time period.
So the engine battery gets trickle charged once the Leisure Batteries fully charged, but its not immediate.

Then why would I measure 13,6V on my motor battery when on EHU?
Of course, when you put on an external charger, it will charge up to 14,2V.
Luckily, on my van I don't need to put on an external charger, as mine gets charged on EHU.

I charge my iPhone, iPad and Apple watch. The charging adapter falls out when I use the UK plug but works fine when I use a Euro two pin plug.

Back