Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Diff lock testing

Tarquers

Tarquers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Volunteered my van today to a YouTube channel that do tests on rollers when they were looking for someone with a diff lock. The official video will come out as soon as they are caught up with the editing, but interesting results.

No surprise that engaging the diff lock enabled drive in a no traction scenario (tests involve up to 3 rollers under a selection of wheels) but what surprised me was how terrible the performance was relying on traction control only.

Will share the link once it’s published but to anyone thinking about if they should option the diff lock, I would say it will be pretty convincing if the odd wet grassy field or icy street is remotely possible.

I would like to see the difference between a manual and auto, even with the nanny’s switched off they are very much there, but I like my DSG and ACC too much to think about that change!

Volunteered my van today to a YouTube channel that do tests on rollers when they were looking for someone with a diff lock. The official video will come out as soon as they are caught up with the editing, but interesting results.

No surprise that engaging the diff lock enabled drive in a no traction scenario (tests involve up to 3 rollers under a selection of wheels) but what surprised me was how terrible the performance was relying on traction control only.

Will share the link once it’s published but to anyone thinking about if they should option the diff lock, I would say it will be pretty convincing if the odd wet grassy field or icy street is remotely possible.

I would like to see the difference between a manual and auto, even with the nanny’s switched off they are very much there, but I like my DSG and ACC too much to think about that change!
Yes, please do share the link once published.

Just a quick update, the YouTube channel will release the diff lock version of the video on1st September so in the meantime, I have shared their T3-T6.1 tests. They did tell me anyone subscribing to the channel can ask for a private view before 1st Sept.

Didn't realize this was you - great info!!!! Did your son enjoy?
Chris he was very excited. We had this in the diary for about 6 weeks before finding a time that worked, hence the bikes still on the back, he was all about having a diff lock before he knew what one was.

Recently made his life complete in Dubai where he finally got to see a recovery in progress after years of hearing about them (as well as needing to use front and rear lockers to self recover)…

62C9074D-4BA6-47C4-8402-1F00B09FD920.jpeg