Deposit

Thelovewalrus

Thelovewalrus

I
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi fellow forum members
Can anyone advise whats a typical deposit required on a T6 new order.?

Yep 1k but you may get away with £500

Mike

I was told that normal deposit for Vans is £500 but they ask £1,000 for Cali's. Seems reasonable to me. I'm sure I've paid way more than that on cars costing half as much.

I was told that normal deposit for Vans is £500 but they ask £1,000 for Cali's. Seems reasonable to me. I'm sure I've paid way more than that on cars costing half as much.
I was expecting it to be 10% but it was £1000.

I was expecting it to be 10% but it was £1000.
Same here - I was ready to argue that it wasn't reasonable to ask a £5k deposit when delivery was estimated at 6 months. It took the wind out of my sails when I was only asked for £1,000.

500 quid, you to you if you want to pay more

Same here - I was ready to argue that it wasn't reasonable to ask a £5k deposit when delivery was estimated at 6 months. It took the wind out of my sails when I was only asked for £1,000.
When I heard about the lower than expected deposit it allowed me to bring forward the order date by about 3 months, I also asked about order liability (you never know what might happen and I thought about this after being offered a van that had been cancelled by a customer) and I was told not to worry about it as they could shift the van anyway and if the reason to pull out was reasonable I would probably get the deposit back. I suspect this attitude varies between dealers and also depends on the spec of the van (some specs must be easier to sell than others).

For an oddball build with swivel comfort seats,a heated Cali topper, electric awningor even a matabooboo your unlikely to see a deposit if you cancel.
Deposit all depends on method of payment. If its cash it may be £500-1000, if financed it may be a specific percent to take advantage of offers. If your a business you would typically pay the vat (20%).
Or sometimes nothing and a signed order will be sufficient.

For an oddball build with swivel comfort seats,a heated Cali topper, electric awningor even a matabooboo your unlikely to see a deposit if you cancel.
Deposit all depends on method of payment. If its cash it may be £500-1000, if financed it may be a specific percent to take advantage of offers. If your a business you would typically pay the vat (20%).
Or sometimes nothing and a signed order will be sufficient.
I only signed my finance deal a week before handover. And then paid it off a week later with a £700 deposit contribution and heavily discounted service deal in the bank. Not sure if those offers apply now though.

I only signed my finance deal a week before handover. And then paid it off a week later with a £700 deposit contribution and heavily discounted service deal in the bank. Not sure if those offers apply now though.
That will be right as you need a vin and reg number for the docs

I paid £1k deposit, that was all that was asked for. I was given a finance quote but was told that can be adjusted at the time of purchase depending on my deposit and terms etc.

SMG Cowfold by the way, excellent service :thumb

Paid are deposit (in 2012) Via credit card - no fee from dealer and protection from credit card and points so win win.

Yes £1000 here. Was anticipating more so pleasantly surprised. Mind you 6m until delivery ....

We weren't even asked for a deposit at all. So zero.

Service deals, dep contribution, warranty and loyalty discount all still apply. :)