Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Daylight running bulb surround melted

B

Brianandjoy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
the Warning light on the dashboard shows a bulb gone,it turned out to be the daylight running bulb on the drivers side.After a second attempt to locate it thanks to pictures on the forum the garage took it out.The build is ok but the surround has melted,somehow overheated.It means I will have to buy a whole new headlamp unit.Has anyone else had this problem.We also can’t open the roof because the knob has gone and there are none in Europe,the joys of campervan ownership

the Warning light on the dashboard shows a bulb gone,it turned out to be the daylight running bulb on the drivers side.After a second attempt to locate it thanks to pictures on the forum the garage took it out.The build is ok but the surround has melted,somehow overheated.It means I will have to buy a whole new headlamp unit.Has anyone else had this problem.We also can’t open the roof because the knob has gone and there are none in Europe,the joys of campervan ownership

Sounds expensive to replace.
Then again those are also when you spec them on the van.
On that note I would suggest you probably went to an official dealer somewhere in Europe. Regarding the knob missing, if the official dealer can’t get it. There is also the used market or after parts market to get a hold of these. I saw you drive an T6 2016. Where in Europe are you on holiday. Maybe others can help you out to get the parts.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

We are in uk but no one anywhere has the knob,apparently they are made in Russia or Ukraine the only ones available are sub standard temporary one made on 3D printers

I know transporter HQ is based in the UK. They are maybe a good backup for the headlight replacement you are looking at. Maybe have a chat with them and they can sort you out with the knob aswel.

Then again maybe so other UK people have other spots for those replacement parts.

If you have the H7 headlights, not LED, then this is a common problem Apparantly.

We had an issue with our DLRL. 2016 t6 understanding a known fault and replaced with an upgraded bulb fitting under warranty.

Rotary knob available in the club shop.

Last edited:
Back