Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cycling Mikey

Please… bit of perspective - she’s going to hit someone (at considerable speed) doing that one day, she admits to not being able to control her vehicle. The drivers going the other way will have forgotten that delay before they’re even arriving at work. You might view it differently faced with a few months off with a broken pelvis after being hit head on by a driver breaking the law.
I have not defended her actions.
He has filmed her, stopped her, made his point, now he could move out the way, and let the motorists stuck behind him get on their way instead of having to mount the pavement to go round them.
Other than causing problems for other innocent people trying to get to work what is actually trying to achieve by causing the incident to go on longer?

I’m ashamed to say that I don’t know if cyclists have to obey keep left and keep right signs. In nearly all cases speed limits don’t apply to cyclists, but I don’t know what other rules cyclists may lawfully disregard.

Am I the only one somewhat concerned that an experienced cyclist doesn't know the basic rules of the road?

From the Highway Code:
You MUST obey all traffic signs and traffic light signals.
Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD reg 10(1)

Cant wait to see a video of when someone fills him in.

I've seen him picking on people whilst in a traffic jam looking
at their phone, he sneaks up and records them and sends it
to the police.

Who does he think he is? Needs to get a life.
And a job, if hasn't already.
We see you

Am I the only one somewhat concerned that an experienced cyclist doesn't know the basic rules of the road?

From the Highway Code:
You MUST obey all traffic signs and traffic light signals.
Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD reg 10(1)

Well that’s false for a start. A 30mph traffic sign, for example, does not apply to cyclists, except in some very limited circumstances, including HM dockyards and royal parks.

I have not defended her actions.
He has filmed her, stopped her, made his point, now he could move out the way, and let the motorists stuck behind him get on their way instead of having to mount the pavement to go round them.
Other than causing problems for other innocent people trying to get to work what is actually trying to achieve by causing the incident to go on longer?

What the driver is trying to do is dangerous. There is no way the driver can proceed safely.

Reversing back and going the correct way is the safest way to proceed.

As soon as the obstruction is cleared he steps to one side.

Well that’s false for a start. A 30mph traffic sign, for example, does not apply to cyclists, except in some very limited circumstances, including HM dockyards and royal parks.
You may well be correct but that is a straight cut and paste out of the Highway Code.

We have family history in this area GGrandfather was fined for pedalling furiously down Chelmsford high street circa 1928. I have the newspaper cutting somewhere.
In that edition of the Essex Chronicle about 30 cyclists were convicted of either that or jumping the lights.

Cars don’t mount pavements on their own.
If he’d let her proceed on the wrong side of the road and she went on to collide with somebody? Got cleaned up by an ambulance on a call?

Imo he’s doing it right, creating a polemic, getting on TV, helping to make dangerous driving socially unacceptable. Yards from there a cyclist was seriously injured in March by a driver making a U turn.

If he just quietly reported these to the police and kept the footage private, then no one is any the wiser. Hopefully her boss has seen it.

And if everyone were to follow his example the incidents of road rage would sky rocket. That in turn would lead to some serious assaults and in some cases, to serious injury or worse. Remember the M25 stabbing!

Also anyone thinking of following in his footsteps should remember that first they should themselves have exemplary Road manners otherwise all you'd be is an annoying self appointed prat with double standards.

No don't lionise this chap instead report wrong doing to the police with evidence if you have it and then leave them to decide what action to take.

Unfortunately if he persists with this activity this chap will eventually jump out in front of one of the many people who should never be behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. Someone under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or with a short fuse, or no interest in stopping to bandy words. The list is endless but we all share the roads with these people. If this were to happen, do doubt he will then feel aggrieved that he has been assaulted and will have the video evidence to support his claim but he would also have to accept that he was partially responsible for escalating the situation.

Last edited:
That’s a wonderful world you live in there Borris.

The police aren’t going to stand on the traffic island all day so it’s up to him - the rest of us don’t care enough to do anything about it. Perhaps losing your father at age 11 to a drunk driver is motivation.

It’s an easy collar for the police, and he absolutely should use the footage to highlight that many people just do not understand the gravity of getting behind the wheel.

That’s a wonderful world you live in there Borris.
Oh I'm not saying that I'm a perfect driver or that I would remain calm and rational in all circumstances. What I am saying is that we shouldn't take direct action like this chap is because it could very easily end in a serious incident. Yes you may make your point and change the other driver's actions for the better but that would be the best you could hope for. Far more likely is a range of possible outcomes starting with a heated exchange right up through to someone ending up on a cold slab.

The police aren’t going to stand on the traffic island all day so it’s up to him - the rest of us don’t care enough to do anything about it. Perhaps losing your father at age 11 to a drunk driver is motivation.

It’s an easy collar for the police, and he absolutely should use the footage to highlight that many people just do not understand the gravity of getting behind the wheel.
He is entitled to use his footage to highlight and report what is happening at this location but he has no powers that I am aware of, to go any further.

Someone has to stand up. The police will do absolutely nothing.
As stated before, I’ve been attacked and punched on my own driveway (the guy behind me objected to me stopping to reverse into my drive). Neighbour filmed it, witnesses filmed it. Police presented with more than enough evidence. They did absolutely nothing.

As stated before, I’ve been attacked and punched on my own driveway (the guy behind me objected to me stopping to reverse into my drive). Neighbour filmed it, witnesses filmed it. Police presented with more than enough evidence. They did absolutely nothing.
I do sympathise but what action are you proposing?

Have you tried a formal complaint to the Chief Constable of Police in your area? He/she is directly charged with upholding the law. If you've been assaulted and can produce sufficient clear evidence then he/she should take your complaint seriously.

Hardly doing absolutely nothing:

Regent’s Park’s Outer Circle currently sees three times more collisions than the central London average, while police there caught more than 200 drivers last quarter, speeding and driving the wrong way around pedestrian islands, along with 211 prohibited trade vehicle drivers.

More than half of vehicles exceed the 30mph speed limit, with drivers recorded in excess of 80mph. Of the 778 tickets or fines issued by police from January to March 2019, 86% were to drivers. 181 drivers were booked for speeding, 41 were caught disobeying directional signs.

That was in 2019, since then the speed limit has been dropped to 20mph & being a Royal Park it applies to cyclists as well.

If you do drive it at 20mph expect to get overtaken on both sides simultaneously by cyclists.

He is entitled to use his footage to highlight and report what is happening at this location but he has no powers that I am aware of, to go any further.

I think that anyone is entitled to stop a crime in the process of it being committed. In some cases the law makes you equally culpable if you don’t intervene - murder for example by “joint enterprise”.

I think that anyone is entitled to stop a crime in the process of it being committed. In some cases the law makes you equally culpable if you don’t intervene - murder for example by “joint enterprise”.

Did you really just compare murder to blocking traffic (him) and driving in the wrong lane (her), the one truly being a crime and the other two civil infractions? :eek:

Did you really just compare murder to blocking traffic (him) and driving in the wrong lane (her), the one truly being a crime and the other two civil infractions? :eek:
No.

I was merely making mention of the fact that intervention to prevent unlawful activity is permitted, and in some cases a requirement.

I then gave an example.

Ignoring a traffic sign is not a crime, it's a motoring offence.
On the other hand blocking the Queens Highway is a criminal offence.

There is a huge difference between a Criminal Offence & a Motoring Offence.

Even Highways England Traffic officers can't stop you committing motoring offences, their only powers are to report you / provide evidence to the police for their possible action.

I get thoroughly p*ssed off with vigilante cyclists and runners.

Sadly going anywhere in public can be an ordeal by idiot but being a self-appointed you-tube judge, jury and executioner just makes someone in my eyes a self-appointed, self-righteous, self-made dickhead.

When I nearly got flattened by a DPD driver between Pershore and Upton upon Severn my Go-pro clip supplied to the police was all the justice needed. It's up to them to judge on infractions, whether to prosecute and the validity of supplied evidence and they did follow it up.

Ignoring a traffic sign is not a crime, it's a motoring offence.
On the other hand blocking the Queens Highway is a criminal offence.

There is a huge difference between a Criminal Offence & a Motoring Offence.

Even Highways England Traffic officers can't stop you committing motoring offences, their only powers are to report you / provide evidence to the police for their possible action.

I still think he deserves an MBE for services to road safety. He boasts of raising £40,000 to £50,000 a year in fines from motorists. That’s pretty neat for a part-timer.

And I only just realised that he calls his busting of drivers on the wrong side of bollards, Gandalf Corner, after the famous phrase, “You shall not pass”.

His catching drivers using their mobile phones is sublime.

I still think he deserves an MBE for services to road safety. He boasts of raising £40,000 to £50,000 a year in fines from motorists. That’s pretty neat for a part-timer.

And I only just realised that he calls his busting of drivers on the wrong side of bollards, Gandalf Corner, after the famous phrase, “You shall not pass”.

His catching drivers using their mobile phones is sublime.
images-15.jpeg

I get thoroughly p*ssed off with vigilante cyclists and runners.

Sadly going anywhere in public can be an ordeal by idiot but being a self-appointed you-tube judge, jury and executioner just makes someone in my eyes a self-appointed, self-righteous, self-made dickhead.

When I nearly got flattened by a DPD driver between Pershore and Upton upon Severn my Go-pro clip supplied to the police was all the justice needed. It's up to them to judge on infractions, whether to prosecute and the validity of supplied evidence and they did follow it up.

I disagree because he sends all footage off to the Police for them to prosecute. It’s in their hands to act as they see fit.
He’s preventing a potential hazard to person(S).

He should be commended for bringing these actions to justice.
Pedestrians and cyclist only have to fall foul of this sort of behaviour once to be life changing or ending…

At the end of the day.
Drive responsibly and you will never appear on his YouTube channel.

Back