Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cover For Bikes When On Bike Rack....

That looks quite good, however I would say one thing and that is avoid covers like the Fiamma one as they will flap around like anything even when strapped tight.

That is the problem with the genuine VW bike rack is that it sits quite high and anything above the roof line will catch the wind big time, I also expect it will reduce the MPG aswell.

We tried several and now just let the bikes get wet and then cover them once we get to site.

Cheers Martin

Hadn't thought about that so thanks, Sounds like they will be good for when we're on site then so all good... :D

As you say i bet most flap about to much in the wind...

That's why i love this forum it's all in the detail... :D

bournemouthbeach said:
Hi all

Title says it all really... :D

Looking for covers to go on our bikes when on the rack....

Anyone use any they can recommend. ?.

Ive seen these...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/bikeparka-the-urban-bike-cover/

They look pretty good...

i do love the look of these covers and think that whey would be great ,but there is a big BUT if your wanting to cover your bike in the vw rack ....you cannot clamp to the tube or seatpost with the cover on :doh ....they do look nice though .. :D

choplee said:
bournemouthbeach said:
Hi all

Title says it all really... :D

Looking for covers to go on our bikes when on the rack....

Anyone use any they can recommend. ?.

Ive seen these...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/bikeparka-the-urban-bike-cover/

They look pretty good...

i do love the look of these covers and think that whey would be great ,but there is a big BUT if your wanting to cover your bike in the vw rack ....you cannot clamp to the tube or seatpost with the cover on :doh ....they do look nice though .. :D

I did think about that BUT asked them direct via Twitter and they said there wou be enough slack in cover to clamp the top tube with them on even sent them a pic of the rack... :D

Think I will order one and see how its fits, if no good at least I can put it on my race bike in the garage so all good...

Thanks for reply..

Shaun

I have a four bike rack (tow ball type).
Use an ATV (quad bike) cover when static comes with straps etc.
The cost was roughly £15.00.
It does flap if left on when travelling.
Happy new year :)

I did think about that BUT asked them direct via Twitter and they said there wou be enough slack in cover to clamp the top tube with them on even sent them a pic of the rack... :D

Think I will order one and see how its fits, if no good at least I can put it on my race bike in the garage so all good...

Thanks for reply..

Shaun

Hi Shaun, I know it's been a while but did you get the bike parka in the end? How did you get on with it. I'm facing the drama in that I really want to cover the bikes when on a rack ?

Back