Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Converting a caravelle

Hi,

Anybody got any thoughts on the practicality of converting a caravelle with either a cali roof or a reimo one?

I know that they have the air con vents in the roof but not sure if this has been done by anybody.

I would speak to Vanworx, in Portland. They fit Reimo roof's and have lots of experience in conversions :thumb

mooro said:
Hi,

Anybody got any thoughts on the practicality of converting a caravelle with either a cali roof or a reimo one?

I know that they have the air con vents in the roof but not sure if this has been done by anybody.

Use a Shuttle or a Kombi.

A Shuttle would be cheaper.

Why go to the expense of a Caravelle when the expense of the Cravelle is in the rear. i.e. seating etc. I take you'd either be putting in a kitchen unit or at least making it a weekender like the Beach?

I have heard that converting a Caravelle is complex.

If you want to keep the Caravelle layout with a pop top, buy a Beach :D

James

Interestingly someone on eBay has a full California SE converted from a van this week. Complete with the interior a hydraulic roof. Looked good from the pictures. So it's possible. But the reimo roof is meant to be retrofitted and is purely manual so no nasty expenses should the roof you get not be working or the installation does not go to plan.
I looked at doing a conversion before buying a Cali and Reimo or SCA both get good reviews with large followings for both. Also £3k (on ebay now) for a secondhand Cali roof with all its complexity seems expensive .

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Back