Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker high top

Mine has the lugs but I’ve no idea whether they are for mounting anything. I think they are part of the fixing for the high top. No obvious strengthening inside. @The Blue Merle might know.
Might be worth a call to Campersales in your neck of the woods as they’re the Westfalia dealer.
Having looked at others wit surf board racks and compared with my fixings I reckon the lugs are for fixing a rack. The 2 pairs of lugs line up with a single lug on the roof.

Having looked at others wit surf board racks and compared with my fixings I reckon the lugs are for fixing a rack. The 2 pairs of lugs line up with a single lug on the roof.
Yes this is the case. And according to my Westfalia dealer the rack can still be ordered from them if desired and was about 500-600 Euro. I just didn't like the design/look of it!

Yes this is the case. And according to my Westfalia dealer the rack can still be ordered from them if desired and was about 500-600 Euro. I just didn't like the design/look of it!
Would you have a photo, or, link?

Current favourites for us in the future are Club Joker or LWB Nugget as want a fixed toilet! 2nd hand prices are not too bad.

I’ve not seen a Hard-top yet which would suit a family. The beds always look too small for anything other than toddlers.

Our Hymer roof is really good, much bigger than a California and the fact it’s manual to raise and lower is better too. Plus you can store blankets and stuff up there when it’s closed.

If you’re a family of 3/4. A Poptop on a big van is a game changer…

View attachment 113122

View attachment 113123
I’d have agreed with you until buying our Knaus BoxDrive 600XL 4months ago. The upstairs bed is plenty big enough for adults so our 10yr old will not be growing out of it anytime soon and our 2yr sleeps in 5th berth made up from dinette (rear seats also slide outwards to create a bigger/more comfortable bench when travelling or lounging).

Just back from 2wks in Normandy and it’s been fabulous with the four of us and nice not to have some in canvas and others inside the van. We’re all in together and feel very protected from the weather (which at some points in last 48hrs in Boulogne has been pretty rough).

Would you have a photo, or, link?

Current favourites for us in the future are Club Joker or LWB Nugget as want a fixed toilet! 2nd hand prices are not too bad.

The default rack looks something like this:

a9a42c5239ce4a48e246749d364957ce.png

I installed airline rails powder coated in satin black and have many photos of mine in my build thread on the forum. Also posted my airline rails above in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You beat me to it, as finally found it on YouTube, I was told it was discontinued, even rarer to find than the van!!!! Check Togo YouTube channelIMG_5177.png

The default rack looks something like this:

a9a42c5239ce4a48e246749d364957ce.png

I installed airline rails powder coated in satin black and have many photos of mine in my build thread on the forum. Also posted my airline rails above in this thread.

Love your airline rails, did the same for roof rails on a T4 Bilbo.

Agree, the default rack looks clunky, but guess this is because it looks like it slides down the panel for load / unload rather than using a ladder (or yeti coolbox to stand on).

Love your airline rails, did the same for roof rails on a T4 Bilbo.

Agree, the default rack looks clunky, but guess this is because it looks like it slides down the panel for load / unload rather than using a ladder (or yeti coolbox to stand on).

Actually it’s fixed! I think they have the racks on top for other loads, but I had no need for that as I have solar and antennas up there for 5G

The original rack westfalia could supply did drop down and was called trans lift cost about £850 in the sales brochure back 2016/17 I spent over a year hunting for my first joker and a new top of range 4motion was around £59k :headbang

Back