Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

City Centre Camp Sites - within walking distance or bus ride.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Does anyone know of any City Centre Camp Sites that are within walking distance or a short bus ride? These are 3 I know of and can recommend.

Bristol - Baltic Wharf CC site has now got a lease extension to 2018

Cardiff - Caravan & Camping Site, Council Run 3* with on-site Coffee Shop/Cafe - 500m to Centre.

London - Crystal Palace CC site - 50 min bus ride to Trafalgar Square.

Great idea, :thumb
CC site Rowntree Park on the banks of the Ouse, York. ( you have to book months in advance
unfortunately)
C&CC Braithwaite Fold, Bowness, Windermere. Next to the lake and centre.

Hartsholme Park, Lincoln is only short bus ride out of town.

Oxford ccc site opposite Redbridge park and ride.

Right behind the Go Outdoors shop. Forgot about that one as I stayed there in August. Easy bike ride into central Oxford.:thumb

That was the first site we ever stayed on, before we bought the cali.
We borrowed the in law's old autosleeper for the weekend and had a great time!
Happy days.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

We camped on the roof (8th floor) of Car Park B at the Olympic Park for one night, great view all over london £8 I think it was. Got a knock on the side door at 8am the following morning by a pair of bemused security guards!

I believe Old Hartley CC site has good public transport access to Newcastle city centre.

Planning to visit soon so will confirm, unless anyone can do so first.

We are going to Bath in a couple of weeks time - booked in to the Bath Marina Camp Site - 2 mile walk along the tow path to the city centre, or there's a park and ride opposite the campsite which is only a 10 min bus ride into city centre.

http://bathcaravanpark.com/

We are going to Bath in a couple of weeks time - booked in to the Bath Marina Camp Site - 2 mile walk along the tow path to the city centre, or there's a park and ride opposite the campsite which is only a 10 min bus ride into city centre.

http://bathcaravanpark.com/
Reasonable Pub opposite next to the Park & Ride. Open for breakfast as well if my memory serves me correct.

Reasonable Pub opposite next to the Park & Ride. Open for breakfast as well if my memory serves me correct.

Yes, have noted that, The Boathouse I think it's called - looks nice. Will certainly be sampling some of their wares ;)

For Oxford Moreton in Marsh CC club site is excellent; nice site 5 mins from the flesh pots of Moreton and train to Oxford 10 mins walk with very regular service.
Keswick CCC site 2 mins from town and bus station. Lots of buses to choose from.
Berwick CC site.
Chester CC site
Melrose CC site.

Salisbury C&CC site. Two miles north of the centre and about 36 minutes walk according to Google. Not tried it yet but fancy giving it a go as an alternative to all this fresh air and quiet we keep getting.

Salisbury C&CC site. Two miles north of the centre and about 36 minutes walk according to Google. Not tried it yet but fancy giving it a go as an alternative to all this fresh air and quiet we keep getting.

Have used this site twice. Known as 'Hudson's Field'. Nice site, good facilities. Right next to Old Sarem. Further from the city centre than you might think but okay by bike. There is a bus and Park and Ride a short distance away. Many of the pitches are sloping.

Ayr CC site is an easy walk from the town centre.

Nice cafes in Ayr, all with much the same check table cloths,

I couldn't help thinking that the local mill must have missed a few bits of colour out of a run of supposed-to-be tartan and flogged the roll off cheap.

Brighton CC site has a good bus service into town,

As it should do given the parking charges in the town centre.

Also a very nice Nuffield hospital at Woodingdean down the road, but then that's another story .........:(:shocked

Does anyone know of any City Centre Camp Sites that are within walking distance or a short bus ride? These are 3 I know of and can recommend.

Bristol - Baltic Wharf CC site has now got a lease extension to 2018

Cardiff - Caravan & Camping Site, Council Run 3* with on-site Coffee Shop/Cafe - 500m to Centre.

London - Crystal Palace CC site - 50 min bus ride to Trafalgar Square.

Great thread. Have booked marked it. Thanks everyone.

For London, as well as those already mentioned I use Chertsey CC&C site. Rail station 15 minute walk away, half-decent hotel/ restaurant on the corner, delightful river walks on the doorstep, Hampton court just down the river and ever so camper van friendly in that they have an area with parking spots too short for pretty much anything else. Very easily reached three miles off the M25 close to M3 junction.

Canterbury P&R Aire. Ok, so not really a campsite, but water and waste facilities available.

Toilets by the bus stop, pub on the other side of the carpark.

Something like 3.50 for 24 hours, includes bus into city.

The C&CC site Wolverley is a short towpath walk to Kidderminster town centre.

Hmm, I'd like to hear more about the Woverley site. This is one I'm hoping to use soon.