Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Christmas Market - Bruges

Rex911

Rex911

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi all, just back from another trip to Belgium to visit the Christmas market. Stayed once again in Campsite Memling which is a short bus ride or 20 minute walk from the centre. Buses are free Sat and Sun and daily from 6/12. Amazing atmosphere and even the constant rain didn't dampen our festive spirits. Check out the local biker bar - Hermanus - a few minutes walk from the site. Amazing food and really nice people. Did 3 nights then off to Ieper for a final night and a bit of chocolate shopping;).

Nice site, clean facilities - recommended

Hi all, just back from another trip to Belgium to visit the Christmas market. Stayed once again in Campsite Memling which is a short bus ride or 20 minute walk from the centre. Buses are free Sat and Sun and daily from 6/12. Amazing atmosphere and even the constant rain didn't dampen our festive spirits. Check out the local biker bar - Hermanus - a few minutes walk from the site. Amazing food and really nice people. Did 3 nights then off to Ieper for a final night and a bit of chocolate shopping;).

Good to hear - just booked Memling for a trip to Bruges next spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have just booked 2 nights for the week before Christmas. Really looking forward to it.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

For info guys, drop them a note to see if you can get on early. The reception is open from 0900 and they were super accomodating allowing us on straight away.

May I ask how you crossed the channel? Couldn’t find any good deals for a short break when I looked (apart from day returns).

We are booked on Eurotunnel but that is going to cost us £250 for a 5 day return. We are in our Westfalia Columbus so a little longer than a Cali. We decided it was worth it as we have always wanted to go to a Contential Christmas Market and the timings of Christmas Day and holidays made it possible.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

For those unable to go to Europe to see the Christmas Markets, there are several good ones in the U.K.

Rochester Castle Kent
Lincoln City

others may be able to advise of some other decent ones

I always use the Tunnel to be honest, much less hassle at this time of the year - just shy of £200 for the bus.