Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campingaz Finland

I recently exchanged a 907 and it was 30€

They've ripped you off.

I recently exchanged a 907 and it was 30€

They've ripped you off.
It’s the most I have ever paid. It’s the only place I could find who sold it.
In Norway I got a free refill so swings and roundabouts.
In Bristol they are £37 now.

It’s the most I have ever paid. It’s the only place I could find who sold it.
In Norway I got a free refill so swings and roundabouts.
In Bristol they are £37 now.
The price varies widely. I paid 30€ exchange but if it wasn't
exchange they wanted 50€ for the bottle that you can never
give back.

The 907 gas is a real racket.
Whilst i was there they had about 8 kg -BBQ- gas for around 18€.

The price varies widely. I paid 30€ exchange but if it wasn't
exchange they wanted 50€ for the bottle that you can never
give back.

The 907 gas is a real racket.
Whilst i was there they had about 8 kg -BBQ- gas for around 18€.
In France they are around 15 Euros and available in supermarkets. They are really hard to find in lots of countries. I agree it is a racket, there must be a better alternative.

In France they are around 15 Euros and available in supermarkets. They are really hard to find in lots of countries. I agree it is a racket, there must be a better alternative.
The 49 Euros was an exchange too. I paid £80 for a new bottle on a campsite in Scotland once.

It must be a French man racketeering.

I wonder what welsh gas is like :D

I won’t pay much more than €25 about £23 at current rate, we carry 2 bottles which usually get us back to France or Italy, Campingaz is a rip-off as quite often for smaller campers it’s a captive market, was in NL Sept and was asked €35 I gave them my opinion on that.

To save € if we can cook out we use a compact single burner that takes the aerosol type can, Action stores in Netherlands, Belgium & Italy about €1.20/can they are also a ripoff from Campingaz at €3.50.

Campingaz 907 € 25.00 = € 9.10/kg
Action aerosol € 1.20 = € 5.55/kg

The aerosol is still not cheap but as it’s not possible to fit a propane tank to a Cali there’s not much of an option unless you ditch the spare wheel. Although I saw a tank from a T3 Westi Under a T4 Cali, even with high suspension there’s not much ground clearance, not much good for many on here with dropped suspension and elastic band tires, ground effect comes to mind.

I just got another 907 for the cadac they rinsed me £82 for new bottle and regulator. Rinsed me like a goodun

I won’t pay much more than €25 about £23 at current rate, we carry 2 bottles which usually get us back to France or Italy, Campingaz is a rip-off as quite often for smaller campers it’s a captive market, was in NL Sept and was asked €35 I gave them my opinion on that.

To save € if we can cook out we use a compact single burner that takes the aerosol type can, Action stores in Netherlands, Belgium & Italy about €1.20/can they are also a ripoff from Campingaz at €3.50.

Campingaz 907 € 25.00 = € 9.10/kg
Action aerosol € 1.20 = € 5.55/kg

The aerosol is still not cheap but as it’s not possible to fit a propane tank to a Cali there’s not much of an option unless you ditch the spare wheel. Although I saw a tank from a T3 Westi Under a T4 Cali, even with high suspension there’s not much ground clearance, not much good for many on here with dropped suspension and elastic band tires, ground effect comes to mind.
New VW T6 conversions are being offered with 30 lit underslung refillable gas tanks. Also Gaslow now make a small refillable the same size as a 907 which a competent DIYer could fit into the existing Cali gas compartment. (with professional check). Having been forced to comply with French gas cylinder transport and use rules, I think that they have decided to offer an alternative to Campingaz for smaller vans. I've looked at it and it is a possibility. The approximate cost would be about £200, or about five 907 refills. The Campingaz monopoly annoys me intensely, having swapped from a 26kg refillable system in my former motor home.

Last edited:
New VW T6 conversions are being offered with 30 lit underslung refillable gas tanks. Also Gaslow now make a small refillable the same size as a 907 which a competent DIYer could fit into the existing Cali gas compartment. I've looked at it and it is a possibility. The Campinggaz monopoly annoys me intensely, having swapped from a 26kg refillable system in my former motorhome.
I’ve looked in to the refillable route and phoned them up. The lady on the phone advised me against it, as most garages now switch off the LPG pump the moment they suspect your filling a removable bottle. She said you really now need a fixed external charging point on the van.
I think LPG filling stations are less common than they used to be now too.

I’ve looked in to the refillable route and phoned them up. The lady on the phone advised me against it, as most garages now switch off the LPG pump the moment they suspect your filling a removable bottle. She said you really now need a fixed external charging point on the van.
I think LPG filling stations are less common than they used to be now too.
Yes that's correct. A fill point would sit neatly next to the EHU and water inlet. It's only a hole in a bit of metal.
Most of former Eastern Europe runs on LPG.

Yes that's correct. A fill point would sit neatly next to the EHU and water inlet. It's only a hole in a bit of metal.
It’s worth investigating further after my warranty expires.

I looked into the Gaslow option some time ago.
The problem I couldn't see a way around was getting the filler out of the container in the water tank without leaving the lid off.

You can't go through the water tank for obvious reasons and the space down the side of the tank and the inner wall of the water tank to exit through the vent in the floor is too narrow, plus the tank would need to be raised to allow the pipe out under it. This would then mean the gas tank would foul the lid.

So I dropped the idea. It was a shame though, as I like the Gaslow refillable option over continuously buying Gaz bottles.

Alan

I looked into the Gaslow option some time ago.
The problem I couldn't see a way around was getting the filler out of the container in the water tank without leaving the lid off.

You can't go through the water tank for obvious reasons and the space down the side of the tank and the inner wall of the water tank to exit through the vent in the floor is too narrow, plus the tank would need to be raised to allow the pipe out under it. This would then mean the gas tank would foul the lid.

So I dropped the idea. It was a shame though, as I like the Gaslow refillable option over continuously buying Gaz bottles.

Alan
I've got to admit that I hadn't gone to the extent of taking measurements, but on a preliminary examination, I did think that there was a way. Thanks for the information: I do intend to re-visit this, probably when I am next asked to pay £45 for a 907.

I've got to admit that I hadn't gone to the extent of taking measurements, but on a preliminary examination, I did think that there was a way. Thanks for the information: I do intend to re-visit this, probably when I am next asked to pay £45 for a 907.
Exactly how cost effective would this be though, and what would the pay-back period be?
I spend about 70p / week on gas, sometimes less but not more.