Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Berghaus

John

John

VIP Member
Original post Hubert

Anyone taken delivery of a new Bergahus ?

Would appreciate any comments from owners, especially regarding ride on the low profile 18" wheels, is there a puncture repair kit instead of a spare, is the bike rack easy to remove.
Any comments on why you bought in preference to a standard SE

Cheers
Hubert

Original post Calitess

With just £5 change from £48k as a basic starting price - we think that the Berghaus special edition is somewhat over priced for the few included extras. It is NOT 4Motion.

On viewing at a dealer we thought it a high price for a Berghaus badge

Berghaus_Heritage.png

Nothing touches this

57665447_29a9012d6f.jpg

We had a good look around one today. Wheels and bikerack seem like a good addition but at 50K it seems a lot. Beghaus is a good brand but do I really want backpack, hat, gloves and sleeping bag!

OK.... We are pretty impressed at this vehicle but the reason for posting is more about the Berghaus element.
The extra kit above standard is good value when you look at what we paid (£44K)but at £50K it seems pretty excessive. The extra hardware is brilliant but the softer items are a waste of time and as has been said Go Outdoors sells them reasonably priced, plus you might actually get stuff that fits! Hat and gloves anyone??

Does seem slightly odd that the "outdoorsy" Berghaus version isn't a 4Motion! They do look good though.

As it happens, we have tonnes of Berghaus kit anyway - bergens, boots, rucksacks, etc, etc - very good kit and their customer service is outstanding!

KernowLad said:
Does seem slightly odd that the "outdoorsy" Berghaus version isn't a 4Motion! They do look good though.

That's exactly what I said to our dealer, when at the time the VW Uk web site actually said you could spec it as a 4motion etc etc, it has since been changed after we enquired.

Turns out they are all 'pre' ordered from Germany with the same base mechanical spec.

KernowLad said:

As it happens, we have tonnes of Berghaus kit anyway - bergens, boots, rucksacks, etc, etc - very good kit and their customer service is outstanding!

I have to agree on that front. I had an issue with a Berghaus jacket, it was outside the two year warrenty but inside the three year Goretex period. Replaced with a higher spec jacket .... excellent aftersales.

Back