Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Ocean collection day

18ME

18ME

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
We collected our new California Ocean today from Breeze in Poole.

Love the colour combo of Ascot Grey with the Sport pack and happy with all the options that I spec’d. Unfortunately prior to collection I received a call from Tom saying that the electric sliding door that I optioned was missing. Although I was disappointed, Tom immediately said that another Cali will be ordered and that I could take delivery of this one and then swap it once the new one arrives. I honestly couldn’t be happier with how well Tom dealt with the matter and the handover today.
So a big thank you to @Tomdbreeze

2E29E0BC-8163-4671-987B-CCCCD5207611.jpeg

BA88FF51-B98A-47A9-A327-0D3799047EB8.jpeg

745D2903-C91D-401C-95DF-1ECC86DBCFD0.jpeg

14588FE9-551C-4DDB-8085-629498CF24F8.jpeg

01AECAD1-B6CF-4F24-86D0-C8733FC59348.jpeg

53632EAF-05B9-4BAC-A6BC-760C43BA1DA1.jpeg

Congrats. I remember the day I collected mine from Campers.eu a year ago. Is there a reason why you spec'ed the auto opening/closing. Personally I find the soft close the only thing I need. Less to go wrong and no annoying beeping.

Congratulations, ours is a very similar specification and we are delighted with it, happy future travels.

I’d keep that one. The numberplate says ocean!

I’d keep that one too. Keep the money and use for holibobs. I always found the sliding door and it’s beeping a royal PITA.

Last edited:
I think @Corradobrit makes a good point. The auto open/close is nice in theory. But there is no manual override as such, so each time you open/close you have to use the electric opening.

The beeping does get annoying. They also tend to go wrong.

Loads of owners swear by them. You have the luxury of the free option of seeing how you get on with the soft close. If you are happy with it, negotiate a discount. If not, take the replacement.

BTW I was parked next to yours at Breeze on Friday.

I would stick with the soft close; saves the battery, quieter on a campsite &
less to go wrong.

Just make sure the dealer compensates you with some nice accessories!

Congrats. I remember the day I collected mine from Campers.eu a year ago. Is there a reason why you spec'ed the auto opening/closing. Personally I find the soft close the only thing I need. Less to go wrong and no annoying beeping.
Thanks. The electric sliding door was something I always wanted and my thoughts were if anything went wrong with it that it’s covered under warranty for 5 years and unlikely to keep It any longer than that.

I’d keep that one. The numberplate says ocean!
That was the first thing I noticed when the registration paperwork came through. I did buy a number plate ready for it (VW61 NAP), although it will go on the replacement.

I'd definitely keep that one and get Tom to compensate you somehow instead. As above numerous issues with the fully electric door, plus it runs off the van battery I think (not the leisure) so if you're in/out a lot and not on EHU, there are plenty of stories of them flattening the battery too even when working fine.

I think @Corradobrit makes a good point. The auto open/close is nice in theory. But there is no manual override as such, so each time you open/close you have to use the electric opening.

The beeping does get annoying. They also tend to go wrong.

Loads of owners swear by them. You have the luxury of the free option of seeing how you get on with the soft close. If you are happy with it, negotiate a discount. If not, take the replacement.

BTW I was parked next to yours at Breeze on Friday.
I thought the later Cali’s were a bit quieter with the beeping, although I’ve only seen them on YouTube and not seen or heard one in person. I’m guessing that it may be possible to code the beeping out or adjust it somehow with VCDS.

Tom mentioned that they’ve sold around 90 Cali’s this month. I’m surprised you had room to park there :D

I would stick with the soft close; saves the battery, quieter on a campsite &
less to go wrong.

Just make sure the dealer compensates you with some nice accessories!
I had the chance to change / add anything to the new order so I’ve kept the same spec but ordered the new one with 4 Motion. So it’s not a bad situation and Tom has looked after me, so I’m happy with the outcome.

I thought the later Cali’s were a bit quieter with the beeping, although I’ve only seen them on YouTube and not seen or heard one in person. I’m guessing that it may be possible to code the beeping out or adjust it somehow with VCDS.

Tom mentioned that they’ve sold around 90 Cali’s this month. I’m surprised you had room to park there :D
It was an Abarth 500. I could park it in a shoebox.

Loads of Calis there again Sunday when I collected the Abarth.

Back